Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?

How come I have 8 exact matches listed in my "exact match" list for the mtDNA Full Sequence test, but on the "matches maps" only two of the 8 show up when I enter the full sequence matches to show?

People can only show up on the maps if they've entered the latitude/longitude for their most distant ancestor's town. So if only 2 pins are showing, then only 2 of your matches have done this.

Make sure you've done this in your own account so that you show up when your matches look at their own maps

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      People can only show up on the maps if they've entered the latitude/longitude for their most distant ancestor's town. So if only 2 pins are showing, then only 2 of your matches have done this.

Make sure you've done this in your own account so that you show up when your matches look at their own maps

Elise
      Yes, thanks for your response. I know you are supposed to only put "origin unknown" if you don't know where your ancestor came from, but I've been stuck in N.J. since 1774 so I put my pin there, with 7th g-grandmas's name.

Comment

Working...
      X