finding this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding this forum

Did anyone else have trouble finding this forum, or is it new? I got an email about it today, so maybe it did not exist before.

I know I joined about 4 Projects, the first being "Adoptees", and the other three being surnames or variants I was told by my biological grandmother.

From the outset, I assumed there was a message forum for Adoptees that somehow I couldn't access. For instance, it would seem that clicking on the underlined name of this project should bring you here, but instead it takes you to a single page about joining the "Adoptees" project, even though I'm already a member. So I got this email today about the "new" forum, and look closely at the instructions. Initially I again clicked on the underlined "Adoptees" link, and got the join page. I read the instructions again, and realized I needed to click on the link that said Forums. Seems bass-ackwards to me, when the first thing that would catch your eye would be Adoptees.

I think it's a new forum. I just got an email about it today.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I noticed your "signature line" indicates "Dutch".

I had an interest in the Dutch, and you might be interested to know there is a group of "Low Dutch" ancestors and enthusiasts meeting in Harrodsburg, Kentucky, this month. It is headed by Carolyn Leonard, she has a weekly email list and website. The group also just became 501(c)3 as of today. There were a lot of low-dutch that came to Kentucky via "river road" or foot, they attempted to found a settlement with their own schools and way of life on large tracts of land they purchased, but the project fell through due to property line disputes with the original owners and attacks (supposedly) from the natives.

Comment

trouble finding this forum

Originally posted by apologetics42003 View Post
          Did anyone else have trouble finding this forum, or is it new? I got an email about it today, so maybe it did not exist before.
          Yes this is a new Private Forum with invite only access as a member of the 'Adopted' project. It can be only entered from your personal FtDNA page.

Comment

Originally posted by MJost View Post
            Yes this is a new Private Forum with invite only access as a member of the 'Adopted' project. It can be only entered from your personal FtDNA page.
            Of course you had to have the Radio button selected 'Adopted' under the left Frame 'My Projects' to get here via the MyFtDNA Forums link.

Comment

Originally posted by MJost View Post
              It cant be that private, as I'm in the general FTDNA forum, linked from the front page, and I can see the messages when I hit "New Posts".
              Last edited by rivergirl; 9 September 2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
                It cant be that private, as I'm in the general FTDNA forum, linked from the front page, and I can see the messages when I hit "New Posts".
                Well thats interesting. Kinda defeats the private aspect. Thx for pointing that out. Maybe this was by design.

Comment

I rejoined the Adoptee Project and when I clicked on FTDNA Forum from my personal page, I was led here BUT could not see any posts until I signed in.

Not the easiest way to get here but I'm here now.

Gaye

Searching for bio-dad among the Carolinas (or maybe Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee....)

Comment

Gaye, Same here. Looked like there were 0 messages until I signed in.
                    Arlene

Comment

Originally posted by GayeSherman View Post
                      I rejoined the Adoptee Project and when I clicked on FTDNA Forum from my personal page, I was led here BUT could not see any posts until I signed in.

Not the easiest way to get here but I'm here now.

Gaye

Searching for bio-dad among the Carolinas (or maybe Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee....)
                      Odd?? When I got here, I could read the messages, but had to sign in to leave a post. I'm sure they will get the bugs worked out soon.

Comment

I've also been confused thinking there were no posts when the problem was I was not logged in. It would be easier if the login were linked to our primary account, and mean, who else would be logging in?

Comment

Working...
                        X