sisters adopted together in florida looking for birth mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sisters adopted together in florida looking for birth mother

my sister and i were adopted together at the age of 2 and 3 in orlando, fl around 1987. we were told we have the same mother but different fathers and that we may have a younger brother who may have been put into the system as well. we were born in west palm beach but sense records are sealed in fl and we dont have any names of our birth paqrents to go by it has been a long and hard search. doing the dna test on myheritage thru there probono work only gave 3rd to 5th or distance cousins nothing close and i didnt knowi could transfer my records into the ftdna system until it was to late now i must wait until they fix there system to see if i could get a closer hit. if anyone is out there looking for us please contact me. thankyou

Originally posted by redflalibra View Post
    my sister and i were adopted together at the age of 2 and 3 in orlando, fl around 1987. we were told we have the same mother but different fathers and that we may have a younger brother who may have been put into the system as well. we were born in west palm beach but sense records are sealed in fl and we dont have any names of our birth paqrents to go by it has been a long and hard search. doing the dna test on myheritage thru there probono work only gave 3rd to 5th or distance cousins nothing close and i didnt knowi could transfer my records into the ftdna system until it was to late now i must wait until they fix there system to see if i could get a closer hit. if anyone is out there looking for us please contact me. thankyou
    I am also an adoptee, born 9/22/1958 at Orlando, Florida. You are correct that Florida has a closed adoption system; with the exception of permission of either birth parent to share info. The Jacksonville Childrens Home Society(CHS) where I was placed into adoption did contact my birth mother and she was not comfortable meeting me, but she did share non-id & family medical background info. Some of this non-id info actually helped me to confirm who my maternal grandmother was, based on what my birth mother shared with CHS. I encourage you to test at 23andMe, ancestry, upload to gedmatch as well as testing at FTDNA.

I also recommend Dave Guentner-Genealogist, who has solved over 500 adoptee cases, including mine, his email is [email protected]. You can solve your biological family puzzle if you utilize every tool available, dna testing, genealogists, non-id info, all of it together will give you success. I have confirmed who my birth parents are, and have traced my paternal line back to the 11th century and my maternal line back to the 17th century.

I recently met my half niece who tested at ancestry, and she matches me 1749cMs of dna, and we share the same grandmother, and my birth mother was a full sibling of her birth father. We only lived about 5 miles from each other. I started my quest 2003 by contacting the Jacksonville CHS and later in 2009 started dna testing, and just within the last 6 months confirmed everything.

Best of luck to you, Douglas W. Fisher kit#122883
    Confirmed paternal surname "Wells"
    Confirmed maternal grandmother Marietta Moreman, 1915-1949
    Confirmed paternal grandmother Harriett Waldron, b.abt 1885

Comment

• Ok thank you

Comment

Your very welcome

Comment

I recently met my half niece who tested at ancestry, and she matches me 1749cMs of dna, and we share the same grandmother, and my birth mother was a full sibling of her birth father.
          Douglas, that 1749 cM niece sounds like full niece, not a half niece. How wonderful you were able to meet her!

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphyte View Post

Douglas, that 1749 cM niece sounds like full niece, not a half niece. How wonderful you were able to meet her!
            She is actually a half niece on my paternal side & 1st cousin on my maternal side, so a unique relative, because of who my birth parents were in relation to each other. We have ruled out half sibling, and she is 50 yrs old & I am 60 yrs old.

Comment

Working...
            X