Help finding my biological father

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding my biological father

I have found a DNA match to a second male cousin. This narrows my search to 7 siblings. Then for various reasons - I have narrowed it down to 3 siblings. I have then found 5 separate DNA matches of second cousin and 3rd cousins once removed on my potential grandmas side. Does this mean their son is my father? I do not want to approach anyone unless I am certain. I have emerging DNA circles on my great grandmas and great grandfathers family. I have 3rd cousin matches to my grandfathers family also. During my search I discovered that my potential father died in tragic circumstances before I was born. I would like family medical history and t?o see photos. Should I approach my potential Aunts and Uncles

The problem of waiting for certainty is the certainty of death. Time diminishes the possibilty of finding those who might know the answer to your question. I have found that it never hurts to ask, especially with the buffer of indirect contact via e-mail.

Comment

It doesn't hurt to try. You might suggest paying for a DNA test on an uncle to confirm a close relationship and hopefully a Y-DNA match.

Comment

Working...
      X