Pam Jenkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Jenkins

Adopted and found my Birth Mother last year, She has alzheimers and doesnt talk much nor remember. I know my birth Father was stationed in Frankfurt Germany in 1959 and was American. She said in my adoption papers that he was married and had 4 children at the time.
    Just hoping for some help in finding his name - I'm sure he is no longer living.

If you are male, do a Y-DNA test - 37 markers, at least.

No matter what sex you are, do the Family Finder test. If you can afford it test at Ancestry and 23andMe also.

And read the book The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine T. Bettinger

Comment

Originally posted by PSJenkins View Post
      Adopted and found my Birth Mother last year, She has alzheimers and doesnt talk much nor remember. I know my birth Father was stationed in Frankfurt Germany in 1959 and was American. She said in my adoption papers that he was married and had 4 children at the time. Just hoping for some help in finding his name - I'm sure he is no longer living.
      You should also create a family tree with her information so that you can weed out maternal matches on your autosomal results.

Comment

P Jenkins looking for birth father

I found my birth mother when I requested my adoption papers. The agency in Richmond, Va located her next of kin (her sister) both have alzhiemers and don't remember much now. I have spoken to her kids and only 1 neice of hers - a cousin of mine has matched with me through Ancestry.com - I have also taken the 23 and Me test but have yet to get the results. I have reached out to others on Ancestry that matched to me and Didn't match to my cousin to try and sort this out. They either don't know due to the time frame (1959) or are not interested in sharing as I was not planned and she was separated from her sterile husband at the time - later divorced him. My birth father was said to have been American, married at the time of conception in Frankfurt Germany at the military base and had 4 children. I don't look much like her as I am blonde haired, hazel green eyes, petite and dry rough skin. I was born in Richmond, Va. and She is from Kentucky.

Comment

If you have really close matches who won't answer email try building a family tree for each of them. It's often possible as long as they provide some tiny bits of info. Sometimes you can do it with just their name, if it's not too common. Online phone directories and obits can often provide clues.

It's hard work and time-consuming!

Comment

Working...
          X