Looking For Biological Mother and/or Siblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Biological Mother and/or Siblings

It appears that I have discovered my biological father with my Ancestry DNA results. I am hoping he may remember some ladies names of who he was dating at the time. He was unaware of having a child he did not know about.

Now, using DNA results/matches I am trying to find my birth mother.

I was born in Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax, Va. in October of 1964. My biological mother was probably in her late teens.

Family Finder doesn't show anyone closer than a 3rd cousin.

Thanks for any help!

Do you have an Ancestry account? I found a lot of good information there. You can also register on your state's adoption registry. And as several have told me recently, do all three of the DNA tests (ancestry, familytreedna and 23andme).

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tspllc View Post
      It appears that I have discovered my biological father with my Ancestry DNA results. I am hoping he may remember some ladies names of who he was dating at the time. He was unaware of having a child he did not know about.

Now, using DNA results/matches I am trying to find my birth mother.

I was born in Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax, Va. in October of 1964. My biological mother was probably in her late teens.

Family Finder doesn't show anyone closer than a 3rd cousin.

Thanks for any help!
      I would also try some adoption forums. Sometimes they can help or match you with someone who is also looking for a child.

Comment

Have you and your biological father both tested? If so if you both upload to Gedmatch you could create a phased kit of just your mother's DNA. There is a function there that can take your DNA, compare it with your father's and then create a half kit of just the DNA that you didn't receive from your father.

Comment

Working...
        X