Having 1/2 siblings test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having 1/2 siblings test

My children are donor children. They don't have many close matches. My son at Ancestry has 72 4th cousins or closer. Many are from my side. I have some from their paternal side. My son happens to have one 1/2 sibling as a match however they only have 6 shared matches. All of which don't really have family trees built or much info at all. I'm not in contact with this donor sibling. My children do have 2 or 3 other half siblings with this donor who would probably test if I offered to pay for it. They have expressed interest in the past however money is a issues or they just haven't gotten to it. I like to test at Ancestry and transfer however there is a 4th who is too young to do Ancestry who would also do it. Does anyone think it might help me out much if I paid for a 1/2 sibling to test? I don't want to waste money. I don't think they would do it on my account but I think may be willing to upload to Gedmatch or transfer when FTDNA can accept Ancestry again. The one half sibling listed really doesn't give me any info. I would probably only test one to start with.

If more than one, preferably as many as possible tested, then uploaded to Gedmatch, then the kits could be run to see who they share in common, and perhaps a Lazarus kit could be made to replicate the donor? Half siblings can be informative

Comment

If more than one, preferably as many as possible tested, then uploaded to Gedmatch, then the kits could be run to see who they share in common, and perhaps a Lazarus kit could be made to replicate the donor? Half siblings' kits can be informative

Comment

Working...
      X