Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOT FATHER'S DAY WITHOUT A FATHER AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT FATHER'S DAY WITHOUT A FATHER AGAIN!

Another Father's Day without any success in finding my biological father, Felix Reyes and his family, probably from San Antonio, Texas. I'm now 60 years old... and hating Father's Day. If it takes any longer, he'll be dead, and is probably dead already. Being from the State of Michigan is a misery because of their habit of sealing adoption papers. Too bad my stepfather adopted me because that sealed my birth certificate and info Forever. Too bad my mother wouldn't discuss much about my father with me and now she's passed away. Too bad, too bad, too bad! Father's Day - Frustration level: High

Get the FTDNA tests done. Worked for us finding my Uncle.

Comment

This is definitely a case to do Ancestry.com also, because with any luck you'll hit matches that have family trees. I can't say for sure how good the coverage will be for your father's relatives, but you won't know until you try.

Comment

And don't forget Gedmatch. It would be good to put your DNA in as many places as you can, plus run as many different DNA tests as you can. You never know when you open up your matches on accounts, that something will show up that will open those doors. Don't give up.

Comment

Originally posted by maureen1900 View Post
          And don't forget Gedmatch. It would be good to put your DNA in as many places as you can, plus run as many different DNA tests as you can. You never know when you open up your matches on accounts, that something will show up that will open those doors. Don't give up.
          Agreed. Consider 23andMe, too. Join the Global Adoptee Genea project, good advice there. Have you looked at the methodology on DNAAdoption.com?

Comment

Originally posted by maureen1900 View Post
            put your DNA in as many places as you can, plus run as many different DNA tests as you can.
            This.

The more places you drop baited hooks into the water, the more chances you have of getting bites -- over time.

Comment

It can take time and patience because there may be no one close enough to you in matches who can help find your father.

I've had several people who match me at a distant cousin level that I've contacted and found out that I was the only match that they'd had contact with. I couldn't help as we were too many steps away from the adopted person.

Comment

I would also suggest the Facebook groups DNA Detectives &/or Search Squad. I know how good they can be in solving these mysteries.

Comment

Working...
                X