Grandpa Was Adopted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa Was Adopted!

Of course the family tells you once everyone with any direct knowledge has passed on.. my maternal grandfather was adopted, and I'm dying to make sense of some of the matches I'm getting here at FTDNA. Kit #347034. Annie E. Smith of Cambridge, MA gave birth to a son whom she named Albert on 30 December 1903, Edward Burke was his adoptive dad, and I think that his bio dad might have been Irish and that his name might have been Albert.. that's all I have.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
    Last edited by Dana; 3rd June 2016, 02:49 PM.

DnaAdoption.com

There is a wonderful amount of information at www.dnaadoption.com. They offer classes and if you join their forum the Angels will help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana View Post
      Of course the family tells you once everyone with any direct knowledge has passed on.. my maternal grandfather was adopted, and I'm dying to make sense of some of the matches I'm getting here at FTDNA. Kit #347034. Annie E. Smith of Cambridge, MA gave birth to a son whom she named Albert on 30 December 1903, Edward Burke was his adoptive dad, and I think that his bio dad might have been Irish and that his name might have been Albert.. that's all I have.

Who tested, and what kind of test was it?

Comment

Dana,
        Did you put the raw data on gedmatch.com if not you should consider it.

The message before this the adoption group is a good place to start. I am also in that group.

My paternal grandfather who also named Albert born 1912 was given to his Aunt after his birth. Not going to tell the whole story here not the place for it. It is around the same area as your relative.

Cheryl

Originally posted by Dana View Post

Comment

Working...
        X