Adoptee Experience Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoptee Experience Survey

Finally, a survey by an Adoptee for Adoptees!

The Adoptee Experience Survey was designed to bypass the typical bias inherent in surveys conducted by adoption agencies, their representatives, government agencies, and other nonadoptees to capture an accurate representation of the collective experience of participating Adoptees. The information gathered will be used to educate nonadoptees on what it means to grow up and live as an Adoptee and to empower the Adoptee community.

This survey, for Adoptees only, can be found here: crypticomega.typeform.com/to/OUR7RM - Works best in Chrome.

This survey is anonymous. At no time does it ask for identifying information such as names, email/ip/mailing addresses, etc. However, duplicate responses are made apparent in order to filter out manipulation attempts.

There is no age limit. The only limitation is the Adoptee must be willing and able to complete the survey on their own without interference.

This survey contains 45 questions. Some questions may not apply to you and are not required to complete the survey. There are "Other" answer selections available throughout the survey in which you are invited to provide more information about your individual experience.

So far over 750 Adoptees have participated in the survey. Open and closed adoptions; transracial and intraracial; transnational, domestic, and First Nations Adoptees have responded. Individuals from 30 different nations have expressed interest.

The results from the survey will be made public after the survey has run its course and the data has been sorted. At the end of the survey there are three comment questions. If you'd like to be contacted, please leave your contact information in your response to one of these questions.

The most recent survey update may be found here: crypticomega.tumblr.com/post/140753612406/adoptee-experience-survey

Every Adoptee’s experience is important. Please take the time to let your voice be heard and share this survey with our fellow Adoptees.

Thanks!

Since this is the first post I have disabled the direct links. Should anyone wish to sue them you can still copy and paste the links into the web browser.

-Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Should anyone wish to sue them...
      Typo or Freudian slip? You decide.

Comment

Typo?

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Since this is the first post I have disabled the direct links. Should anyone wish to sue them you can still copy and paste the links into the web browser.

-Darren
        I'm hoping "..to sue" is a typo, surely, because the survey perfectly fits the description of this forum: This is a forum for adoptees and descendants of adoptees to share their research experiences and exchange information as well as tips. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Comment

Of course it is a typo. Based on what Darren said, the context clearly means "use" instead of "sue". I simply made a joke about it due to what is going on with FTDNA lately. He disabled your links because he doesn't know if you are somebody actually doing a survey or a potential threat like a spambot. So you can still use the links, but now people can't click on them. They need to copy/paste them to the address bar. If you had done this through an account with multiple posts, he wouldn't have suspected you as someone just trying to get people to click a link.

Comment

Thank you for explaining. I thought I was okay in reaching out to fellow Adoptees here, but after that post was worried I'd stepped on someone's toes. I assure you, I'm not a spammer and my post is completely legitimate.

Comment

Whoops yeah I did not mean to say sue. Poor typing on my part.

-Darren

Comment

Newest Update

Newest Adoptee Experience Survey update may be found on Tumblr, here: http://crypticomega.tumblr.com/post/...erience-survey

P.S. Typos happen. Thank you for your reply, Darren!

Comment

Just curious as to how your survey was going? When you speak of adoptees' rights as in establishing them or gaining them, what exactly are you looking to do? Change the legal system or simply people's attitude towards adoptees?

In testing for DNA I have had a number of distant relatives who fit into the category of being directly adopted or descendant of an adopted individual and I always wonder what they are looking for in doing a DNA test.

Comment

Working...
                  X