some media interest in my search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AFH View Post
    You need to find a way to earn money unless you plan on living on handouts and raiding dumpsters forever.

I think people will be reluctant to send you money because it appears that you could do more in that regard for yourself.
    I agree with you he needs to figure this out for himself and coming on DNA forums asking for sponsors or asking people that already have so little to help him is not right. Maybe get a job to pay for this "trip" of yours

Comment

Let me check with my project coordinator to see if there are any plans to change it. She is currently at Roots Tech so I won't likely get a reply until early next week.

-Darren
      Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Let me check with my project coordinator to see if there are any plans to change it. She is currently at Roots Tech so I won't likely get a reply until early next week.

-Darren
        Family Tree DNA
        Darren just wanted to say your doing a great job.

I don't know what the rules are but I don't think people should be allowed to post on this forum asking for money and providing a link.

I am just concerned a poor elderly person with little money will want to show sympathy and donate their last few dollars and due without in order to help someone that we have no way of verifying is legit.

Comment

@dnoone

I am not a scientist..., but...

Have you paid for any testing (here at FTDNA) of any of the samples you had collected in Italy and thus verified that the samples are of good quality and your efforts do not amount to nothing?

You might have mentioned that earlier, but I do not remember.

W.

P.S.
          I mean, if you send in a sample and testing returns a meaningful result, then your process is OK.

Comment

How are you going to manage to hire an individual to assist you with crowdfunding if you're having problems with your current finances? A good crowdfunding project requires a good initial project that will draw from a large internet audience. Your need to find a parent is a problem that numerous people have and who are also doing a search. Your particular plight has to catch the attention and concern of an audience that doesn't really know you so your presentation has to be especially effective to draw the funds you need to continue a seemingly blind search. Your methodology in doing your search perhaps needs to be more clearly designed and explained.

Comment

High unemployment in Sicily.
              My posts are censored here as Americans have lost touch with the free speech tradition.

In the West the economy is being wrecked and being wrecked on purpose. So lots of delightful young unemployed girls here. They will just have to work and get their wages from successes.
              I have a low budget and lived in places like Zurich with zero cash. I cycle everywhere and live in a tent . Looking to improve that eventually. This is Europe as it is today.
              Tracing a necessity and impossible barriers will be overcome in the effort to restore one's peace of mind.

I hope to also lobby universities for funds. Serious studies of European dna seem to have low priority. Sicily for instance there are many hollywood myths about the dna here in need of debunking.

I am J1 m267 myself without p58. Once I have funds I will test people and just throw money at the problem until I find some family is the idea.
              The alternative is risking arrest trying to see my mother in UK and USA.
              Why do women hide father's names? Could answer the question but would be censored.

Comment

Originally posted by dnoone View Post
                High unemployment in Sicily.
                My posts are censored here as Americans have lost touch with the free speech tradition.

In the West the economy is being wrecked and being wrecked on purpose. So lots of delightful young unemployed girls here. They will just have to work and get their wages from successes.
                I have a low budget and lived in places like Zurich with zero cash. I cycle everywhere and live in a tent . Looking to improve that eventually. This is Europe as it is today.
                Tracing a necessity and impossible barriers will be overcome in the effort to restore one's peace of mind.

I hope to also lobby universities for funds. Serious studies of European dna seem to have low priority. Sicily for instance there are many hollywood myths about the dna here in need of debunking.

I am J1 m267 myself without p58. Once I have funds I will test people and just throw money at the problem until I find some family is the idea.
                The alternative is risking arrest trying to see my mother in UK and USA.
                Why do women hide father's names? Could answer the question but would be censored.
                Sicily is a beautiful place with traditions and values.
                They do not like outsiders asking questions and if you push them to far you may not like what happens.

Your mother did not tell you for a reason and I do not know why but until you have more info. you are wasting time and money. You are also "rude" to many and that will not get you what you want "money"

Good luck and stay safe

Comment

dnoone I can see why you are concerned with becoming incarcerated you have mentioned it several times in your posts.

I have worked with people who are chronically incarcerated, for years I can tell you you would fit right in based on some of some of your posts.

1. Victim mentality seeking sympathy
                  2. Waiting for and handout instead of taking care of yourself.
                  3. Not taking responsibility for your choices
                  3. Full of conspiracy theories
                  4. An inflated ego along with a sense of entitlement
                  5. You are also very rude and labile.

If your goal is to collect money I think people will be put off by your approach. You blew your chance buddy to make a good impression you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by dnoone View Post

Asking a university to give you money that they have spent time putting in grant requests for is unrealistic. They are going to want a great deal of information on you, your academic and research background, etc. A written proposal would be needed to even get you in the door with any research or teaching facility, or even a business enterprise.

The idea that you know your haplogroup and simply intend to wander around Italy throwing money at the problem (as you put it) in the off chance that you might discover a family that has the same haplogroup just isn't going to cut it as a research proposal.

The methodology doesn't even cut it as a sound "Crowdfunding Proposal". Take a good hard look at the top 10 crowdfunding sites and see what they require by way of fees and percentages. Asking a pretty young girl to spend her energy and hard work, to act as a free volunteer doing a crowdfunding so that you can find your father is also asking a bit much.

Comment

Open to better suggestions. I could go confront my mother and be arrested by feminist state again. As I have no car and arrived on foot the last time.

Not going to pay taxes ever to the kind of regimes we have in the West. Out of doors moving by bike gives me fitness and a higher quality of life than beta-males in an office with their heads in the guillotine waiting for divorce to slice down.
                      It is often recently divorced women who help me as I tour Europe.

I am broke now and about to leave Palermo heading not sure where.

The results from the different tests paint a complicated picture. My next move is sleep out in the rain and be hungry, which was my usual move for the last few years not having much of a choice.

Comment

The only suggestion I can offer is that you try to get a intermediary to contact your mother and see if she is willing to fill out a medical information type of form, and if she is will to tell another person what your father's name is or was. Your hostility towards your mother is quite apparent, so having someone else, like "an adoption angel" ease into a contact her might sooth some ruffled feathers and actually get you some results.

Other than that you seem to be willing to live the way you are living in the pursuit of finding your father, I have no suggestions. But have you thought about what you can actually expect once you find a name or the actual individual?

Comment

This is my two cents worth take it with a grain of salt.

Forget the past
                          Try to mend things with your mother instead of confronting her she may tell you who your father is she may not.
                          If she doesn't
                          Move on.

No-one but you can answer what steps you should now take.

Comment

Originally posted by keigh View Post
                            The only suggestion I can offer is that you try to get a intermediary to contact your mother and see if she is willing to fill out a medical information type of form, and if she is will to tell another person what your father's name is or was. Your hostility towards your mother is quite apparent, so having someone else, like "an adoption angel" ease into a contact her might sooth some ruffled feathers and actually get you some results.
                            I think this is good advice. You posted on your blog about a church in Ohio where your mother may be a member. If an intermediary were to contact the church pastor maybe they could ask him to intercede with your mother. It might not be as easy to justify denying you a name if the request comes from her church minister. Or, she may at least state a reason why she refuses to provide this information. Is it possible she doesn't really know the father and made up the story about the Italian student?

If your only objective is to find out the name of your father it might behoove you to remove the vitriolic blog posts about your mother.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X