New Hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hobby

My wife, who is disabled as a result of a severe case of Covid-19 that landed her in the hospital for five months, four of them on a ventilator, has taken up a new hobby that I am really happy about. She is making pizza, and, boy, is she good at it! I didn't think you could make pizza this good in a conventional home oven, but she's done it. It may not be perfectly round, but - wow! - is it good!

I think the style is called Neapolitan, with a thick, doughy, Italian bread-style crust. Whatever it's called, it's my personal favorite.

There is no reason for us to go out for pizza ever again, although now I'm going to have to buy the gear to serve draft beer at home.pizza by Galina_01 Dec 2022_2.jpg
    Last edited by Stevo; 1 December 2022, 08:23 PM.

Nice! Looks very mouthwatering! Does she use a pizza stone?

Comment

Originally posted by blanko View Post
      Nice! Looks very mouthwatering! Does she use a pizza stone?
      Yes. And she has a long, wooden pizza peel, as well.

Comment

I would put a thumbs up emoji but not a choice here in vBulletin. So, it all sounds very good!

Comment

I would put a thumbs up emoji but not a choice here in vBulletin. So, it all sounds very good!
          Thanks!

Yeah, I too wish we could give a "Like" to posts we like. Maybe someday.

Comment

Got my wife a "Big Green Egg" kamado-style grill/smoker for Christmas (gave it to her early, so we can use it). She is excited about using it to make pizza. I'm excited about eating the pizza.

Big Green Egg_on patio_13 Dec 2022_2.jpg

Comment

Like, and like again!
              Before you started this thread, I had bought a pizza stone to give as a Christmas gift. The peel I planned to give with it never arrived, I had to reorder it. Now it's on backorder and will come after Christmas. Shucks!

But enjoy all the good pizza you'll be having.

Comment

Thanks! We haven't used the Big Green Egg yet, but we will soon. I'll let you know how it goes for pizza making.

Comment

We actually made pizza in the Big Green Egg this afternoon/evening, and it came out great! I wanted to take more pictures, but I was too involved in supervising the baking of the pizzas (we made several) to take more than one halfway decent photo.

We can't seem to get that perfect round shape down, but the final product tastes wonderful. This picture shows a pepperoni pizza in progress (the pepperoni is buried beneath the mozzarella cheese). We also made mushroom pizzas and one Canadian Bacon and pineapple pizza.

pizza in Big Green Egg_17Dec2022.jpg

Comment

Yum! Sounds like the Egg was a good investment.

Comment

Yum! Sounds like the Egg was a good investment.
                      Yes, it is, so far anyway. I am amazed at how easy it is to get precise temperature control just by fooling with the vent near the bottom.

Comment

I smoked a leg of lamb in our Green Egg for Christmas dinner this Christmas just past. It turned out fantastic, was so easy, and only took a couple of hours.

Comment

Working...
                        X