X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Towns

Greetings

I hope this is OK to post this on here

Are there any members on here that are on any Twinning communities?

What is Twinning?
    Town twinning is an official relationship-builder which started in Europe after the second world war. The idea was simple: repair damaged relationships between France, Germany and the UK. Find towns that suffered during the wars and pair them. Then encourage people from these areas to meet, mix and get along. Town twinning covers a vibrant array of areas, including art and culture, young people, sports, business, citizenship and economic growth. Successful twinning brings scores of benefits to both the community and the municipality. By bringing people together from all over the world, it gives us an opportunity to share problems and solutions, exchange opinions, learn from each other, and create friendships through common interests and issues.

The above is taken from our link and
    just £1,€1 or $1 is only a small step but would make a huge step in reaching our total.
    Please help us if you can

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=N4kjPR7K7

In the USA, that type of relationship is called "sister cities". My small city has such a relationship with a municipality in Japan, but exchanges appear to be less than yearly. Covid seems to have put a hiatus on even that.

Comment

Many thanks for replying. I need my post to be removed or at least edited. I think our twinning will cease now the council have removed funding. Our twin town counterpart get funding from their local government. There are thousands of worthwhile causes and don’t expect any especially as it isn’t even a charity.

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
      In the USA, that type of relationship is called "sister cities". My small city has such a relationship with a municipality in Japan, but exchanges appear to be less than yearly. Covid seems to have put a hiatus on even that.

Comment

Working...
      X