Missing DNA Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing DNA Groups

I'm not sure if this is the right forum so my apology in advance.

I have difficulty in finding an origin story here in this forum pertaining to Aboriginal populations in Australia
    and other parts of Asia. Where did our native people go?

I'm not sure what you mean by an "origin story" in the forum, and I can't answer your question about where native Aboriginal people went, but:
    There was a thread in the "Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA)" FTDNA sub-forum about Australian aboriginal DNA, from about 6 years ago. What I gather from that thread is that there used to be an Oceana population cluster, but no longer. Apparently Aboriginal was included in the first version of myOrigins, under East Asian. I don't see anything in the current myOrigins 3.0 Populations Clusters that includes Aboriginal; Aboriginal does not even appear under the current myOrigins 3.0 Southeast Asia cluster.

The thread linked above mentions uploading to GEDmatch.com and using some of the admixture calculators there, such as MDLP World 22 or K23b, or Eurogenes K13 Oracle. The thread also mentions an Australian Tribes project at FTDNA, so if it still exists, you may want to check that out. Perhaps that project might have information that would interest you.

Comment

At the request of a couple of others I started a Tasmania DNA Project at FTDNA in 2005. I have since turned the project over to others with a connection to Tasmania. See https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...out/background

Comment

David Reich touches on the origins of Australian Aborigines in Chapter 8 of his book, Who We Are and How We Got Here. That chapter is entitled, "The Genomic Origins of East Asians".

Apparently Australian Aborigines derive 3-6% of their ancestry from archaic Denisovans.

Comment

Working...
        X