Plans for Spring or Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for Spring or Summer?

Let's go off-topic a bit from our usual talks on genes and ancestry.

Do you have plans or did you make plans for this Spring or Summer season? To take a breather from the stress of this pandemic? I really what to unwind by the beach for a week or so. How about you guys?

I am retiring from my current job (I'm a public school teacher). Looks like we'll be relocating to someplace more retiree-friendly, but we're not 100% sure where yet.
    Last edited by Stevo; 26 March 2021, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Wish you luck for your new venture =)

Comment

Last few years were usually cote d'azure and Norway. This year will be stay at home holiday, probably Bruges, Ypres, Ardennes...due to COVID.

Comment

I bumped into this reading and I want to share - https://bucketlistjourney.net/spring-bucket-list-ideas/ I find it a good one and insightful. Well, still deciding if we will just tweak activities to fit Spring or have mini local visits to a few places.

What do you think about these ideas?

Comment

raspchide: FTDNA is a Forum dedicated to all aspects of GENETIC GENEALOGY; this is NOT a forum for social media. You can find social media on FACEBOOK. In my area I am a member of 4 groups on FACEBOOK, including antiques; and it is a lot of fun with different forms of learning and sharing of expertise. I promise you there is a FB group for any interest you might have. You will enjoy exploring the many social groups on FB, and then look forward to discussing Genetic Genealogy on this forum.
            Last edited by Biblioteque; 31 March 2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only way that feels that way. Thanks Biblioteque!

Comment

Well, this is the Recreation Room sub-forum, described as:
                This is a good place for chatting about off topic subjects and just having fun together. Keep the humor PG13 and things friendly please.
                So in this case I don't think any laws were broken!

BTW, my plans for summer are TBD. But, from the list at the link that raspchide posted, I can handle the following:
                5. Eat Strawberry Shortcake
                9. Go Bird Watching - easy from my window, but my neighbor is cutting down a tree that is a prime bird choice for perching
                23. Play an April Fool’s Day Prank - in progress!!
                26. Search for Four-Leaf Clovers
                34. Watch the Sunrise - IF I can arise early enough

And what I SHOULD do, above all:
                29. Spring Clean Your Space
                Last edited by KATM; 1 April 2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblioteque View Post
                  raspchide: FTDNA is a Forum dedicated to all aspects of GENETIC GENEALOGY; this is NOT a forum for social media. You can find social media on FACEBOOK. In my area I am a member of 4 groups on FACEBOOK, including antiques; and it is a lot of fun with different forms of learning and sharing of expertise. I promise you there is a FB group for any interest you might have. You will enjoy exploring the many social groups on FB, and then look forward to discussing Genetic Genealogy on this forum.
                  Yeah, of course, but this is the subforum known as the "Recreation Room":

Recreation Room
                  This is a good place for chatting about off topic subjects and just having fun together. Keep the humor PG13 and things friendly please.
                  Seems to me that means pretty much anything goes in this little corner of FTDNA's forum, as long as we keep it clean and friendly.

Comment

Working...
                  X