Batch 147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 147

I just rediscovered via the archives here that my original Y-37 test was in Batch 147. Wow! Memories!

That was a long time ago.

I thought about posting in the original thread on Batch 147, but I figured that probably wouldn't be appreciated, so I didn't. I still remember it, though. That thread persisted for over a year.
    Last edited by Stevo; 17 March 2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I recall wondering what my Y-DNA haplogroup would be. I had no idea, except I figured it might be some kind of R1b, since that is the most common Y-DNA haplogroup in Britain.

My initial prediction from FTDNA was R1b1, then FTDNA took that back and dropped me to R1 for a week or two. Then I went back to R1b1.

Back then R1b1 was represented by P25, but that is an unstable SNP, so now R1b1 is represented by L754.

Exciting times. I didn't know what the heck was going on, but I was learning a lot fast.
      Last edited by Stevo; 18 March 2021, 11:31 AM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Anyone else from good ol' Batch 147 still here at FTDNA's forum?

Comment

Sorry, my earliest kits were 300+ batches later, in batch #487, late 2012. Earliest for a Y-DNA test was in batch 497. Hope you get some responses, though!
          What year did you test in batch 147?

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            Sorry, my earliest kits were 300+ batches later, in batch #487, late 2012. Earliest for a Y-DNA test was in batch 497. Hope you get some responses, though!
            What year did you test in batch 147?
            April of 2006. Got my first Y-37 result in May of 2006. Long time ago.

Back then a Y-37 test cost $187. Things have improved since then.

Comment

My kit was in batch 42. Order placed 8/19/2002. Y-DNA25.

The lowest batch number for a kit in the Barrett project is #9, order placed 2/3/2001, just over 20 years ago. It was for mtDNA and Y-DNA12.
              Last edited by Jim Barrett; 20 March 2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                My kit was in batch 42. Order placed 8/19/2002. Y-DNA25.

The lowest batch number for a kit in the Barrett project is #9, order placed 2/3/2001, just over 20 years ago. It was for mtDNA.
                Wow! That's pretty cool.

Comment

Very cool, Jim Barrett! Hats off to you and your project member as some of the earliest to test DNA for genealogy!

Comment

I really remember the thread on Batch 147. We kept it going for over a year: long after everyone in it had his results. It was fun. Those were the good old days.

Comment

I have really gotten a lot of success out of testing with Family Tree DNA, and no, they aren't paying me to say that.

I don't regret even one dime I've spent on it. It's been one of the smartest things I've ever done. Thanks, FTDNA!

Comment

I'm kind of hoping someone else from good old Batch 147 will show up and post in this thread. Any of them still out there checking on FTDNA's forum?

Comment

Working...
                        X