New Ethnicity Reports at Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ethnicity Reports at Ancestry

I just received mine, earlier than their projected September 15, and thereafter. My major change was a larger share of Scotland, giving me 40%.
    Last edited by Biblioteque; 11 September 2020, 03:53 PM.

Got mine today also. I think Ancestry said all would have it by September 14th, so it's still a few days before that deadline.
    • I had a similar change as Biblioteque's for Scotland, but in my case breaking down my previous 40% Ireland & Scotland to 19% Ireland and 18% Scotland - basically the same, just now two categories. I'm not sure if the Scotland reflects Northern Ireland somehow for me; I do have a branch from Ireland that is a brick wall. Known Irish ancestry: 25%, but not ~40%.
    • My known 25% Maltese ancestry has gone from the previous low of 20%, now up to an equally higher 30%.
    • I won't get into the various rearranging of the former Greece and Balkans category, to the new The Balkans, and Greece and Albania; my head spins with it. Should be 25% as known, but now two combined categories still equals the 16% of the previous one category.
    • Germanic Europe is now reduced from 10% to 7%, which still is low for my actual combined 25% from Switzerland, Bohemia, and Prussia.
    • No idea where 2% France fits in. Perhaps it previously was included in the Northwestern Europe part of the former England, Wales & Northwestern Europe category, which no longer appears, for me at least.
    • My Irish communities remain the same, only now under Ireland only, which is as it should be.
    • My Sicily community is now under the new Southern Italy vs. by itself previously; I also have a new Northern Italy. Both Italys are small percentages. Puzzling, but perhaps some of it relates to Malta or Greece.
    Yes, I realize there are ranges for all the categories. So it's all still to be taken with a large grain of salt, and "still not soup yet." Nice to ponder for entertainment, I suppose.
    Last edited by KATM; 11 September 2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Everyone is Scottish now!

Comment

Originally posted by ragnar View Post
        LOL! Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by ragnar View Post
          I'm a direct descendant of Mel Gibson.

Comment

Working...