Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Are On Our Way to Extinction in 125,000 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are On Our Way to Extinction in 125,000 years?

Looking for books to donate, I noticed a note inside my copy of "The Seven Daughters of Eve" by Bryan Sykes from May 1, 2008: Fox News interviewed Sykes from England. He said, "Men are genetically modified women, and because of the genetic difference between men and women, the Y chromosone and MEN are on their way to extinction in 125,000 years." WHAT!!!

Well, duh, if the men are gone, how are the women going to "propagate the species on their own?"

BTW, has he not been discredited?

One would hope that by then, IF men were to go extinct, science will have found some way to help propagate the human race, if not (preferably) to actually prevent the extinction of males in the first place!

I think some of the theories that Brian Sykes subsequently put forth (regarding other DNA topics) were discredited, after "The Seven Daughters of Eve" was published.

Comment

"Men" wouldn't necessarily go extinct, just the Y chromosome.

Here's a more recent article.

https://theconversation.com/the-y-ch...n-to-men-90125

IMO if the human race manages to survive that long, our own genetic engineering will outweigh any impact of evolutionary change in a few thousand years at most, so it's probably a moot point.

Comment

GregK, thank you for sharing the link. It was a good read; and subliminally interesting that they chose Vladimar Putin as an "example of mankind." Especially since popular thinking is "Power Corrupts" and certainly there were zillions of others from whom to choose. LOL
        Last edited by Biblioteque; 5 September 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

It's tough enough predicting tomorrow, never mind 125,000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by GregK View Post
            "

Here's a more recent article.

https://theconversation.com/the-y-ch...n-to-men-90125

IMO if the human race manages to survive that long, our own genetic engineering will outweigh any impact of evolutionary change in a few thousand years at most, so it's probably a moot point.
            This one is a good read, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Biblioteque View Post
              Looking for books to donate, I noticed a note inside my copy of "The Seven Daughters of Eve" by Bryan Sykes from May 1, 2008: Fox News interviewed Sykes from England. He said, "Men are genetically modified women, and because of the genetic difference between men and women, the Y chromosone and MEN are on their way to extinction in 125,000 years." WHAT!!!

Well, duh, if the men are gone, how are the women going to "propagate the species on their own?"

BTW, has he not been discredited?
              Men are genetically modified women??? How can this be?

Comment

raspchide, yes, I also found this a fascinating comment and had hoped someone would speak to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblioteque View Post
                  raspchide, yes, I also found this a fascinating comment and had hoped someone would speak to this.
                  How could that be? So you practically believe in Evolution?

Comment

Working...
                  X