X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aden_shillito
    started a topic FTDNA upload to MyHeritage

FTDNA upload to MyHeritage

I uploaded a FTDNA raw to MyHeritage in September last year, no problem. Two new kits failed last week due to, I presume, changes in the formatting of the raw files at FT. Is there any indicator of a timeframe for a fix for this issue by either testing service?
    Attached Files

• aden_shillito
    replied
    Used the DNA Studio Kit too. Same issue as above, it uploaded to MyHeritage find but after a few hours of processing they report 'kit error'

When I open the file up and examine it the format appears mostly right, however comparing with earlier files that do work I notice the fourth column 'results' is very sparcly occupied in the converted file. this is the column with such entries as CT, AA, AG, etc. i'd say that for every 10 lines only 3 or 4 are filled with two letters, the rest with '--'

Leave a comment:

• Magit
    replied
    It's not working for me neither. Are there informations if Myheritage is working on a solution at all?

Leave a comment:

• IN29949
    replied
    No luck uploading.
    I downloaded DNA Kit Studio. I tried about six combinations based on the suggestions here. For example: “Template_23andme_v5.txt” or "Template_FTDNA.txt" and different sub selections under each. Sometimes it gave an error immediately on upload. Other times upload seemed to work but a few hours later the error would appear; "Invalid kit". Tried zipping the csv - still did not process successfully.

I compared to an older kit that had successfully uploaded. At least one format I made looked exactly the same as the old kit format - same column headers, same order, same content appearance - yet it did not process successfully. Seems unnecessarily obstructive by MyHeritage. Upload to GedMatch happened OK. I would appreciate any solution. Registering to be able to write this post took a couple of days for the email to turn up - so please be patient if you have any good news on how to do this upload. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Kohlehydrat
    replied
    Originally posted by HuntleyStokes View Post

Hallelujah is right!!! Thanks so much Kohleydrat, your step-by-step FINALLY worked for me!! My Dad has been dead for 10 years, I recently upgraded his DNA sample to Autosomal and there are pathetically few matches. I've uploaded to GedMatch, but wanted MORE - some place with TREES!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!!!!!
    well i halleluja-ed too soon - the converted file was indeed accepted at upload at myheritage with the notice that it would be processed in something like 5-7 days. nothing happened for close to 3 weeks and then i got the notice that the file had been rejected for incompatibilty. so i am back to square one.

Leave a comment:

• HuntleyStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Kohlehydrat View Post
    halleluja! thank you again!!
    what i did: i went to the dnakit studio site, downloaded the programm and checked out the site some more.
    found a new page with instructions on how to convert ftdna results from the new chip. see below. i uploaded the result and it has finally been accepted by myheritage as a format they recognize.

http://dnagenics.com/upload-new-ftdn...to-myheritage/
    Hallelujah is right!!! Thanks so much Kohleydrat, your step-by-step FINALLY worked for me!! My Dad has been dead for 10 years, I recently upgraded his DNA sample to Autosomal and there are pathetically few matches. I've uploaded to GedMatch, but wanted MORE - some place with TREES!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Marbom
    replied
    I admin 3 Family Finder results done late April 2019. The raw files look different compared to other earlier Family Finder results. I also failed transferring the newer results to MyHeritage DNA.

Tried to manipulating the raw files by my self - removal of all non-rs-markers, removal of chromosome not between 1-22, sorting the data by chromosome and position - but the transfer still failed.

When downloading files from DNA Kit Studio my Norton 360 label these as dangerous and automatically removes them.

Have given up and will wait and hope that MyHeritage DNA finds a solution soon.

Leave a comment:

• Outis
    replied
    what i did: i went to the dnakit studio site, downloaded the programm and checked out the site some more.
    found a new page with instructions on how to convert ftdna results from the new chip. see below. i uploaded the result and it has finally been accepted by myheritage as a format they recognize.

Nice, this guide is from today and almost identical to one for mtDNA prediction.

FTDNA changed his DNA chip to a Illumina GSA model, so now they are able to provide MTDNA DNA markers. But, James Licks’s webpage is not able to process it correctly, so you have to perform conversion to make it compatible.
    1. Download and run DNA Kit Studio
    2. Unzip your FTDNA RAW file
    3. In the option RAW to RAW Converter, set as input file your DNA RAW file, as output choose a filename, such as “genome_V5_MYDNA.txt”
    4. Choose the template called “Template_23andme_v5.txt”
    5. Choose “Match by position”
    6. Click on “Convert”
    7. Once it is finished, go to James Lick’s webpage and upload the output file
    Last edited by Outis; 7th May 2019, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kohlehydrat
    replied

Upload new FTDNA RAW file to MyHeritage

As you may be aware, FTDNA has recently changed their DNA Chip (from Omniexpress to GSA), so their RAW file is not compatible with MyHeritage upload.
    To fix this problem, use DNA Kit Studio following these instructions.
    1. Download and run DNA Kit Studio
    2. Unzip your FTDNA RAW file
    3. In the option RAW to RAW Converter, set as input file your DNA RAW file, as output choose a filename, such as “genome_V5_MYDNA.txt”
    4. Choose the template called “Template_23andme_v5.txt”
    5. Choose “Match by position”
    6. Click on “Convert”
    7. Once it is finished, upload the output file to MyHeritage.

Leave a comment:

• Kohlehydrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Outis View Post

I think it could work with DNA Kit Studio.

1. Unzip your RAW FTDNA file, to get .csv file.
    2. Under "Raw Converter" tab and "Raw to Raw Converter" section set a/m csv file as input file.
    3. Choose any name for output file (.txt).
    4. Tick "Use Raw Data Template" and choose "Template_FTDNA.txt" (folder DNAKitStudio22\RawTemplates).
    5. Click on "Convert".
    6. Rename output .txt file to .csv and upload it to MyHeritage.

If there will be some issues with uploading .csv file, use 7zip to archive csv file in gzip format (to get .csv.gz file).

thank you, i will try all that and report back!

Leave a comment:

• Outis
    replied
    the fix mentioned here https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/768556/...ads-from-ftdna that worked for a while is not working for the newest format. anyone have any suggestions?
    I think it could work with DNA Kit Studio.

1. Unzip your RAW FTDNA file, to get .csv file.
    2. Under "Raw Converter" tab and "Raw to Raw Converter" section set a/m csv file as input file.
    3. Choose any name for output file (.txt).
    4. Tick "Use Raw Data Template" and choose "Template_FTDNA.txt" (folder DNAKitStudio22\RawTemplates).
    5. Click on "Convert".
    6. Rename output .txt file to .csv and upload it to MyHeritage.

If there will be some issues with uploading .csv file, use 7zip to archive csv file in gzip format (to get .csv.gz file).

Leave a comment:

• Kohlehydrat
    replied
    the fix mentioned here https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/768556/...ads-from-ftdna that worked for a while is not working for the newest format. anyone have any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• turhant
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbirk View Post
    Here is a new file converter to make the new FTDNA file (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) work at MyHeritage.
    https://www.requiro.cz/ftdna/transformer

I don't need to use it so please report results success or failure.
    Not working for me

Leave a comment:

• jimbirk
    replied
    Here is a new file converter to make the new FTDNA file (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) work at MyHeritage.
    https://www.requiro.cz/ftdna/transformer

I don't need to use it so please report results success or failure.

Leave a comment:

• abuelita
    replied
    I complained, and received a rather unfortunate response.
    "Thank you for contacting FTDNA. I’m sorry you’re having trouble transferring your autosomal raw data to another database. FTDNA recently changed the formatting of our autosomal raw data files, so the company you are attempting to transfer to may not yet be accepting the new format at this time and may not be aware that we have made changes. Please check with the company you are attempting to transfer to and verify they are accepting our new file format. We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. "

Leave a comment:

Working...
X