FTDNA upload to MyHeritage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

halleluja! thank you again!!
    what i did: i went to the dnakit studio site, downloaded the programm and checked out the site some more.
    found a new page with instructions on how to convert ftdna results from the new chip. see below. i uploaded the result and it has finally been accepted by myheritage as a format they recognize.

http://dnagenics.com/upload-new-ftdn...to-myheritage/

Upload new FTDNA RAW file to MyHeritage

As you may be aware, FTDNA has recently changed their DNA Chip (from Omniexpress to GSA), so their RAW file is not compatible with MyHeritage upload.
    To fix this problem, use DNA Kit Studio following these instructions.
    1. Download and run DNA Kit Studio
    2. Unzip your FTDNA RAW file
    3. In the option RAW to RAW Converter, set as input file your DNA RAW file, as output choose a filename, such as “genome_V5_MYDNA.txt”
    4. Choose the template called “Template_23andme_v5.txt”
    5. Choose “Match by position”
    6. Click on “Convert”
    7. Once it is finished, upload the output file to MyHeritage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kohlehydrat View Post
      halleluja! thank you again!!
      what i did: i went to the dnakit studio site, downloaded the programm and checked out the site some more.
      found a new page with instructions on how to convert ftdna results from the new chip. see below. i uploaded the result and it has finally been accepted by myheritage as a format they recognize.

http://dnagenics.com/upload-new-ftdn...to-myheritage/
      Nice, this guide is from today and almost identical to one for mtDNA prediction.

FTDNA changed his DNA chip to a Illumina GSA model, so now they are able to provide MTDNA DNA markers. But, James Licks’s webpage is not able to process it correctly, so you have to perform conversion to make it compatible.
      1. Download and run DNA Kit Studio
      2. Unzip your FTDNA RAW file
      3. In the option RAW to RAW Converter, set as input file your DNA RAW file, as output choose a filename, such as “genome_V5_MYDNA.txt”
      4. Choose the template called “Template_23andme_v5.txt”
      5. Choose “Match by position”
      6. Click on “Convert”
      7. Once it is finished, go to James Lick’s webpage and upload the output file
      Last edited by Outis; 7th May 2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X