FTDNA upload to MyHeritage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTDNA upload to MyHeritage

I uploaded a FTDNA raw to MyHeritage in September last year, no problem. Two new kits failed last week due to, I presume, changes in the formatting of the raw files at FT. Is there any indicator of a timeframe for a fix for this issue by either testing service?
    Attached Files

Are you using your Build 37 Concatenated Raw Data file?

As far as I know, myHeritage and FTDNA use the same chip version.
    myHeritage tests are processed by FTDNA in FTDNA's lab

Comment

FTDNA has changed their file format for new results!
      I dont know if MyHeritage will support the new format yet, but I spoke to Gedmatch team and they said they wont, you'll find there is problem that new format doesnt list chromosones in order, plus there is snp added/removed, I think the new one has only about 650k snps

Comment

The new FTDNA format container of a lot of new header data at the top of the columns, unlike the one before it. the chromosomes are not ordered sequentially in numerical order any longer and the single RESULT column has been replaced with two allele1 & allele2 columns.
        file was Build 37 Concatenated Raw Data file but also tried others just in case.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'll take a wild guess here that the raw data file format is different because FTDNA has started using a new DNA testing chip.

And this is the usual normal snafu fubar way FTDNA does everything. No information provided beforehand to the mushroom farm peasants that are the paying customers.

Comment

aden_shillito
            I sent you a private message

Comment

Is there anyone who solved this problem ?

Comment

I would like to look at a new Family Finder Raw Data file to see the if there is a chip version change.
                If anyone who has recently tested with Family Finder is willing to sent me their Raw Data file with their personal info removed (delete Allele/results column values), send me a private message.

Comment

New file also contains some "zero values" for chromosomes and coordinates, at least in my file. And some chromosomes listed as XY (instead of X as in dbSNP). There seems to be more problems than just order (which can be fixed pretty easily).

This file did upload to GEDmatch and got matches that seem rather OK, so they maybe just omit the problematic ones. MH on the other hand may not.

Comment

I complained, and received a rather unfortunate response.
                    "Thank you for contacting FTDNA. I’m sorry you’re having trouble transferring your autosomal raw data to another database. FTDNA recently changed the formatting of our autosomal raw data files, so the company you are attempting to transfer to may not yet be accepting the new format at this time and may not be aware that we have made changes. Please check with the company you are attempting to transfer to and verify they are accepting our new file format. We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. "

Comment

Here is a new file converter to make the new FTDNA file (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) work at MyHeritage.
                      https://www.requiro.cz/ftdna/transformer

I don't need to use it so please report results success or failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X