Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Warren's Dna results

https://dna-explained.com/2018/10/16...hat-they-mean/

Elizabeth Warren's Native American dna results and what they mean by Roberta Estes is an interesting read.

Last edited by Biblioteque; 16th October 2018, 01:35 AM.

Roberta Estes can explain such things as few others can. Her article lays out the process and results so that most will be able to understand.

Comment

Yeah, I once thought I had a bit of Native American myself. My maternal grandmother stretched the truth sometimes. But she is the source of all my colonial ancestry.

I noticed that Elizabeth Warren's mother is Pauline Reed Herring. I presume Herring was her husband. Hmm... Abraham Lincoln's grandmother was Bathsheba Herring 1748-1836. She married Capt. Abraham Lincoln 1744-1786. I wonder what Elizabeth Warren knows about this. That twig I put on my tree since Prez. Abe Lincoln is famous. But he would only be a distant cousin of mine.
      Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 21st October 2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Let's please return this thread to the topic on hand. Thank you.

-Darren
        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Why didn’t Elizabeth Warren ask FTDNA for a free test. They would have gladly run the test anonymously, since her ex husband, Jim Warren, is one of the founders of the company. Also, why does she not use her present husbands’s surname? Off topic, but interesting none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerijoe View Post
            Why didn’t Elizabeth Warren ask FTDNA for a free test. They would have gladly run the test anonymously, since her ex husband, Jim Warren, is one of the founders of the company. Also, why does she not use her present husbands’s surname? Off topic, but interesting none the less.
            As to why a woman might not be using a current husband's surname, have you ever had to go through all of the bother that is involved in changing a name after a divorce? It's a real hassle, and I expect it is even more of a hassle now with all of the extra security checking that has to be done. A lot of women just aren't bothering with all of the paper work involved in a name change, especially if they have set up a professional practice or are known really well under one name. A change of name can cause confusion in the general population that the individual works with.

Comment

I hope a test to look for small amounts of Native American DNA becomes commercially practical sometime. Like many, a story has been passed down though my family, but the best possibility I have through traditional genealogy would be nine generations ago in New Hampshire. It would be a real brick wall smasher if I could confirm it through DNA testing.

Comment

https://dna-explained.com/2013/09/18...l-haplogroups/

similligan, If you, your Mom or sister have mtDNA testing (full sequence) at FTDNA, you can determine if your Mom has NA on her female line upstream (back in time). The haplogroup will rule in, or rule out, NA since they have their own haplogroups. At least, that will settle one-half of the question.

Although you, as a male, can receive your Mom's mtDna, you cannot pass it on. Your daughters would receive THEIR mtDna from their mother.
                Last edited by Biblioteque; 4th November 2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X