Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you find the forum?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How did you find the forum?

    The layout on the screen seems to have changed and the link to the forum doesn't seem to be there any longer.

    I had the page in my history list.

  • #2
    Same way as usual: "FTDNA forums" in Google.

    Comment


    • #3
      My ipad has a tab permanently up for the forums - it's presenting as it usually does. My PC uses Firefox, and the forums usually show as a favourite when I open a tab; otherwise I get to the forums via a bookmark. Both 'routes' appear to be working normally.

      Comment


      • #4
        Forums

        Now at the bottom of the page under community.

        Comment


        • #5
          Scroll to bottom of page . It's under Learning Center.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ltd-jean-pull View Post
            The layout on the screen seems to have changed and the link to the forum doesn't seem to be there any longer.

            I had the page in my history list.
            What I used to do -
            1] Type familytreedna.com in the URL and go to that page
            2] Scroll down to bottom of the screen
            3] Look in Right-Most column for the word "Forums"
            4] Click on the word "Forums"

            The ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED - #3 now is
            3] Look in Column 2nd from the Left for the word "Forums"

            (one can also get to it from the Learning Center - since at the top of the Learning Center is a row with words "DNA Tests" / ""Projects" / "Resources" -- and clicking "Resources" gets a drop-down menu with the three choices "Learning Center" / "Forums" / "Glossary")

            Comment


            • #7
              Apparently they have inadvertently created an unintended inconvenience. This only occurs when you are signed in to your FTDNA account. If you are not signed into your DNA account you can simply scroll to the bottom of the page and see the link to reach Forums in one step. If you signed in first and then want to go to Forums, then the path for finding the Forums link is more circuitous.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Carpathian View Post
                Apparently they have inadvertently created an unintended inconvenience. This only occurs when you are signed in to your FTDNA account. If you are not signed into your DNA account you can simply scroll to the bottom of the page and see the link to reach Forums in one step. If you signed in first and then want to go to Forums, then the path for finding the Forums link is more circuitous.
                Before, I always logged out in order to go to Forums.
                How had you been going to it before when you were logged in?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by loobster View Post
                  Before, I always logged out in order to go to Forums.
                  How had you been going to it before when you were logged in?
                  Until now, when I were logged in to FTDNA, there appeared a link at the top of the page that took me directly to Forums. That no longer exists.

                  Once in Forums, if you wanted to return to FTDNA, the link to return was found at the bottom of the page.

                  IMO, true progress makes things easier and more convenient. Change for the sake of change is not progress. Nor is progress achieved when anything is made more inconvenient.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Carpathian View Post
                    Until now, when I were logged in to FTDNA, there appeared a link at the top of the page that took me directly to Forums. That no longer exists.

                    Once in Forums, if you wanted to return to FTDNA, the link to return was found at the bottom of the page.

                    IMO, true progress makes things easier and more convenient. Change for the sake of change is not progress. Nor is progress achieved when anything is made more inconvenient.
                    Agreed

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have a browser window that I open every morning with all the tabs open as they were the previous day, one tab being the forum. When I lost this set-up after an update and had to recreate the tabs, I had the hardest time finding the forum!

                      Are they trying to discourage use of the forum? I have noticed fewer posts since they made it hard to find.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                        I have a browser window that I open every morning with all the tabs open as they were the previous day, one tab being the forum. When I lost this set-up after an update and had to recreate the tabs, I had the hardest time finding the forum!

                        Are they trying to discourage use of the forum? I have noticed fewer posts since they made it hard to find.
                        Hanlon's Razor:

                        Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Google search for "FTDNA Forum".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                            I have noticed fewer posts since they made it hard to find.
                            That makes sense to me I'd noticed a major drop-off in atDNA-related posts, and thought maybe fewer people were doing Family Finder.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't remember when I lost the ability to get to the forum from my FTDNA page by clicking on the forum at the top left hand side. I finally found that I could go down to the bottom of the page and click on the learning center and after getting to the learning center, click on the drop down menu at the top left hand side of the page. What a nuisance.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X