Anybody here like classical music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here like classical music?

If so list your favorite composers as well as your favorite pieces.

Are you studying a possible genetic basis for good musical taste ?

Well, answering your question, my preferred composers are Vivaldi, Albinoni, Mozart, Brahms, Verdi, Puccini and Chopin. I took your expression 'classical music' in a broad sense, and so I included Baroque and Romantic composers, and also Opera.

My favorite Operas are Mozart's Don Giovanni and Puccini's Tosca. I like also very much Albinoni's Oboe Concertos.

Comment

Originally posted by montagnoli View Post
      Are you studying a possible genetic basis for good musical taste ?

Well, answering your question, my preferred composers are Vivaldi, Albinoni, Mozart, Brahms, Verdi, Puccini and Chopin. I took your expression 'classical music' in a broad sense, and so I included Baroque and Romantic composers, and also Opera.

My favorite Operas are Mozart's Don Giovanni and Puccini's Tosca. I like also very much Albinoni's Oboe Concertos.
      Dude Puccini is one of my favorite all times! Tosca yes but also Madame Butterfly and Turandot and La Rondine and well just about everything post-Boheme.

I'm hoping that Schubert and Bach were just too obvious for you to mention them though.

Also...Albeniz!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelstaedter View Post

I'm hoping that Schubert and Bach were just too obvious for you to mention them though.
        Yes, that's right (concerning Bach, I really like his Cello Suites very very much). But I mentioned Mozart, which means that I did not apply that criterion so strictly.

Comment

My fave is R Strauss 'Through Life and Love'.

Comment

Working...
          X