How do I ca match?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I ca match?

I've had a Y-DNA match with a *name and email removed* on this website for years, but I cannot contact him because his e-mail address is invalid. Anything that can be done here? Can the administrators contact him somehow, or is there an alternate method of contact? So frustrating to have a connection on here and be unable to contact him.

Thanks
    Last edited by Darren; 21st September 2017, 12:52 AM. Reason: please do not post personal information of other members

As you may notice with your own kit, you can assign multiple emails to the same kit. Only the primary email will be shown to matches. So an admin could see secondary emails if that person had added any. Most won't.

Your only options are to try to locate this person elsewhere, possible online. If the name is unique enough it may be relatively easy to do. You can run a search on his old email address. Perhaps somewhere online he posted that he stopped using the old and is now using something new. You can then use that information to contact him.

Sorry, not much options left if they don't reply back other than to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulsh View Post
      I've had a Y-DNA match with a Jeremy Sheahan (jeremy_sheahan@hotmail.com) on this website for years, but I cannot contact him because his e-mail address is invalid. Anything that can be done here? Can the administrators contact him somehow, or is there an alternate method of contact? So frustrating to have a connection on here and be unable to contact him.

Thanks
      It might be worth a try calling Customer Service and asking if they will forward/send a message - definitely explaining that that e-mail address is invalid. Think I read somewhere that supposedly in some circumstances they would use the mail address to send them info - but would not give you the address - assume the same might possibly apply to other e-mail addresses as well.

Comment

Working...
      X