Family Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Trees

Hi, I'm new to the Forum and despite joining a while back I have only just been able to upload my Ancestry DNA.
    So far I think the site is great in many ways, I'm loving my new matches :-) However, is it normal to only be able to see an inch wide portion of a Matches tree at a time? It's very frustrating!

Helen

Oh my word! So frustrating, I have uploaded a Gedcom of my own tree and I can only see an inch of that too! Arghhh!

Comment

Enlarge it by hitting the plus icon or CTRL on your keyboard one or more times. As far as I know, that always works. We've been complaining about this for months.

Comment

You're a star MD, it worked

Comment

Family Trees

I have created my family tree, but I too have trouble opening it up and viewing more than a slice of if. hitting CTRL didn't help. Didn't see a + key/tab option. Not a happy camper.

Comment

It's just the normal + key you would you use on your keyboard Gregory, press it and ctrl at the same time and it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Furan View Post
              hitting CTRL didn't help. Didn't see a + key/tab option. Not a happy camper.
              If you are using firefox, you can use the menu tabs:

VIEW > ZOOM > ZOOM IN
              VIEW > ZOOM > ZOOM OUT

VIEW > ZOOM > RESET
              will reset your zoom to 100% where the family tree layout looks normal. The layout also looks normal at 170%, and that is why some people say to hit the CTRL and + keys together to zoom in.

In my browser there is also a bubble on the right of the address bar that shows the percentage zoomed in on a particular website. I can click on that bubble and it resets it to 100%.
              Last edited by Dabney Carr; 27 February 2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X