translate from Ukrainian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• translate from Ukrainian

Was wondering if anyone could clarify the following statement I received from an Ukrainian Archive.

I tried various online translators but I am not sure what is said, as some state information was found and other say it was not.

Вашківці Вижницького району Чернівецької області за 1908-1913 рр. відомостей про народження (my Grandmothers name) не виявлено.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by prairielad; 19 January 2016, 12:42 PM.

"не виявлено" = not found

Comment

Thanks, that is what I figured.

Guess more searching is needed.......Hopefully I will be able to locate a correct archive....

Comment

@prairielad from what I've just read of your note in Ukrainian (I speak it fluently), they sent you a reply based on the records from Вашківці (Vashkivtsi) in the Ukraine and not from Waschkout am Seret, which is now Vășcăuți, place where your grandmother was born.

Maybe you should write them back, letting them know that you are looking for a birth record from Waschkout am Seret (nowadays Vășcăuți, Romania) and not from Вашківці (Vashkivtsi) in Vyzhnytsia raion.
        Last edited by Illumina; 19 January 2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I was also wondering about that, as in my initial email I only stated "Vășcăuți"

Comment

This is the whole letter, of which I believe it is stating that my other areas of interest are not held at their archives
            Attached Files

Comment

@prairielad send them as many information as possible, so that they will search in the right place. If I were you, I would also send an attachment with a map, as the one below in which I made a little note. Wish you good luck!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
                This is the whole letter, of which I believe it is stating that my other areas of interest are not held at their archives
                Yes, you're right. Just read the whole letter. I guess your next step is contacting archives in Romania. I have a Romanian friend. I'll try asking him for help. In case he gets something positive, I'll let you know.
                Last edited by Illumina; 19 January 2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illumina View Post
                  Yes, you're right. Just read the whole letter. I guess your next step is contacting archives in Romania. I have a Romanian friend. I'll try asking him for help. In case he gets something positive, I'll let you know.
                  Thanks for the time, I am currently trying to compose a letter of inquiry to the Romanian Archives.

Comment

Working...
                  X