Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typically how long to have kit marked as Received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owen1218
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Normally, I say that we should receive the kit within ten business days, but with the holidays likely the postal service is just delayed. Do you have the tracking number on the shipment? Does the USPS say it is delivered?
    I unfortunately do not have tracking number for it. I'll wait another week and ask for a replacement if it doesn't arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    Normally, I say that we should receive the kit within ten business days, but with the holidays likely the postal service is just delayed. Do you have the tracking number on the shipment? Does the USPS say it is delivered?

Robertjm,

The lab will begin running the test from the samples that were received. You can discard the replacement kit, or you cans send it in with the additional samples.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• owen1218
    replied
    I'm starting to get a little worried about my kit. I mailed it in on December 28 and it hasn't even been marked as received yet. Is that fitting with what was said earlier about a backlog accumulating?

Thanks!
    Owen

Leave a comment:

• Robertjm
    replied
    Thanks Darren! I had talked with one of you guys there, who arranged a replacement kit. That replacement arrived and I got it in the mail yesterday, only to find that you'd received the first kit the day before. :-)

Is the lab going to keep the extra samples, or destroy them since the first samples were finally checked in? It'd be cool if you already had them on file in case I ever ordered the y111 upgrade. Just sayin'

Robert

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Shipping reported that the post office delivered several large bags of kits a week or two ago and it took a while to get everything checked in, so we were seeing some check in delays. This looks to mainly be resolved now.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    Shipping reported that the post office delivered several large bags of kits a week or two ago and it took a while to get everything checked in, so we were seeing some check in delays. This looks to mainly be resolved now.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• danica
    replied
    my kit (delivered to FTDNA on December 19) was finally marked as received by lab yesterday

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Originally posted by danette823 View Post
    I put a kit in the mail December 10th..does it really take this long or do they just sit in the post office for weeks until they get a full bag?
    And what information do you get from the tracking number?

Mr W

Leave a comment:

• danette823
    replied
    I put a kit in the mail December 10th..does it really take this long or do they just sit in the post office for weeks until they get a full bag?

Leave a comment:

• danica
    replied
    Thanks to you all ,

Bigy can be ordered even before y-str is completed if you ask customer support to issue a paypal bill (that how I'm paying to all my kits anyway), I've done it before on another kit. Results for both test were delivered together.

News to me was that kit must be batched before placing order for Bigy.
    And I'm still hoping that even sales prices will apply, since I have open request on the subject, CS said something about making a note about it.

On yet another kit I was upgrading during this sales, by the time CS provided me a paypal link for my order, several day had passed, and coupon I used with it has expired during that waiting time, but FTDNA didn't make a fuss about it, price was as it would be with valid coupon.

For ten days now my latest kit is in a "purgatory"
    Delivered to destination per USPS, but not received per FTDNA

Leave a comment:

• The_Contemplator
    replied
    Originally posted by Robertjm View Post
    No worries. I still don't see why they wouldn't let you buy the upgrade to Big-Y at this point, since your kit is in the system, albeit not received.
    Big Y is not an option to buy online until the results of a Y-DNA STR marker test are complete. So waiting for it to be batched might not be enough unless FTDNA support said that they will somehow make the option ready to Danica manually. Which I don't know they can or will do. Safest best is calling them even if they are not from a good timezone.

Hopefully, your kit gets into the system before January 3rd. The latest batch of coupons came out today, and that's the expiration date for the last of the holiday coupons.
    The sale ends on December 31. The coupons will still work after the sale, but obviously people won't save as much as during the sale.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Originally posted by loobster View Post
    Have you tried logging in to that Kit and clicking on Upgrade to see if you can do the Upgrade now (ie without waiting for it to be batched)?
    No. I just logged to a kit I administer that is not batched yet, and I could upgrade to anything but Big Y.

Mr W

P.S.
    Big Y can be ordered by making a phone call to FTDNA at any time. However, I sincerely doubt that a discount code could be used when ordering Big Y over the phone.

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    Originally posted by loobster View Post
    Have you tried logging in to that Kit and clicking on Upgrade to see if you can do the Upgrade now (ie without waiting for it to be batched)?
    I just checked the home page for a project member whose kit has not been received and the Upgrade button is visible on the upper right, but BigY is not listed among the options. It may be necessary to complete a Y STR test prior to ordering. Hope you get a timely response from customer service.

Leave a comment:

• loobster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Robertjm
    replied
    Unless it was an oddball shaped package, which would then require a manual sort.

Not saying Danica's was. But, having worked in the school photo business for several years, we ran into that issue from time to time.

Originally posted by dna View Post
    The same numbering schema (and barcode) is used all over the world, just last two letters would not be US, but be a code for a country of origin. Also the first two letters would often be RR.

Manual reading would be required once only if the machine is unable to read the recipient address. Then a destination code is imprinted on the envelope (yellow/orange markings) and processing continues without human intervention.

Mr W

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    [----] I'd presume the foreign tracking markings will require it to be done by hand. [----]
    The same numbering schema (and barcode) is used all over the world, just last two letters would not be US, but be a code for a country of origin. Also the first two letters would often be RR.

Manual reading would be required once only if the machine is unable to read the recipient address. Then a destination code is imprinted on the envelope (yellow/orange markings) and processing continues without human intervention.

Mr W

Leave a comment:

Working...
X