Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typically how long to have kit marked as Received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danette823 View Post
    I put a kit in the mail December 10th..does it really take this long or do they just sit in the post office for weeks until they get a full bag?
    And what information do you get from the tracking number?

Mr W

Comment

my kit (delivered to FTDNA on December 19) was finally marked as received by lab yesterday

Comment

Shipping reported that the post office delivered several large bags of kits a week or two ago and it took a while to get everything checked in, so we were seeing some check in delays. This looks to mainly be resolved now.

-Darren
        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Thanks Darren! I had talked with one of you guys there, who arranged a replacement kit. That replacement arrived and I got it in the mail yesterday, only to find that you'd received the first kit the day before. :-)

Is the lab going to keep the extra samples, or destroy them since the first samples were finally checked in? It'd be cool if you already had them on file in case I ever ordered the y111 upgrade. Just sayin'

Robert

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Shipping reported that the post office delivered several large bags of kits a week or two ago and it took a while to get everything checked in, so we were seeing some check in delays. This looks to mainly be resolved now.

-Darren
          Family Tree DNA

Comment

I'm starting to get a little worried about my kit. I mailed it in on December 28 and it hasn't even been marked as received yet. Is that fitting with what was said earlier about a backlog accumulating?

Thanks!
            Owen

Comment

Normally, I say that we should receive the kit within ten business days, but with the holidays likely the postal service is just delayed. Do you have the tracking number on the shipment? Does the USPS say it is delivered?

Robertjm,

The lab will begin running the test from the samples that were received. You can discard the replacement kit, or you cans send it in with the additional samples.

-Darren
              Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                Normally, I say that we should receive the kit within ten business days, but with the holidays likely the postal service is just delayed. Do you have the tracking number on the shipment? Does the USPS say it is delivered?
                I unfortunately do not have tracking number for it. I'll wait another week and ask for a replacement if it doesn't arrive.

Comment

Working...
                X