Corded Ware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I don't have a problem with my ancient ancestors being born in Scotland. My 32 GG grandparents and I were all born in Ireland.

Argyll was the one of the regions in Scotland that was colonized by the Dal Riada.
    But, according to Bob, the Dal Riada were indigenous to Scotland not Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by bob armstrong View Post
      Many modern experts are stating that the Scotti were always in Argyll,known to the Romans as Epidii. They then colonised Antrim. So the movement was from east to west, not vice versa.
      Why are these Scots always invading the north of Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
        Why are these Scots always invading the north of Ireland?
        No TV in those days!

Comment

I don't have a problem with my ancient ancestors being born in Scotland. My 32 GG grandparents and I were all born in Ireland.

Argyll was the one of the regions in Scotland that was colonized by the Dal Riada.
          That's posh

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
            But, according to Bob, the Dal Riada were indigenous to Scotland not Ireland.
            The first Irish, the Mesolithic people who lived in Mount Sandel came from Scotland.

"The Mount Sandel Mesolithic site is in Coleraine, County Derry, Northern Ireland, just to the east of the iron age Mount Sandel Fort.[1] It is the oldest archaeological site in Ireland with carbon dating indicating an age of 9,000 years old (7,000BC).[2] Mount Sandel Mesolithic site is a Scheduled Historic Monument in the townland of Mount Sandel, in Coleraine Borough Council area, at Grid Ref: C8533 3076."

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
              Darren,

If you object to the repetition, time and again, of the same arguments and counter-arguments, perhaps it's time for you to limit 1798's ability to resurrect these arguments in many, many threads. I'm not advocating censorship, since 1798 has been given ample opportunities to express his views. But at a certain point it becomes really excessive.
              Agreed. Closing threads achieves absolutely nothing.

Comment

I know Irish history and it is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about Ireland. I don't have to quote any of my sources for you. Who do you think you are?
                When you cannot provide links to any resources you resort to nonsensical ramblings of a child throwing a tantrum. Bravo

I have already pointed out that the SNP S5520 was found in my test and I am negative for other SNPs that they have tested positive for from the Chromo 2, do you not understand?
                Clearly you do not understand what I have said and have no rebuttal to my statements.

The same way that you and I belong to M269 all of the S5520 testers have the same ancestor.
                By bringing M269 into this you are now clutching at straws. You need to establish if you belong to a subclade under S5556 separate from the other two testers I mentioned in my previous post: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...111#post418111

Comment

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
                  When you cannot provide links to any resources you resort to nonsensical ramblings of a child throwing a tantrum. Bravo

Clearly you do not understand what I have said and have no rebuttal to my statements.

By bringing M269 into this you are now clutching at straws. You need to establish if you belong to a subclade under S5556 separate from the other two testers I mentioned in my previous post: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...111#post418111
                  I have already told you three times that I am not in the same downstream branch as the other two S5556 testers. They are also in two different subclades under S5556. They were also tested with the Chromo2 and they have positive SNPs under S5556 that I don't have. I have the raw data files. Do you understand?

Comment

Please note there is an option that you can add someone to your ignore list if you no longer wish to see posts from that person.

-Darren
                    Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      Please note there is an option that you can add someone to your ignore list if you no longer wish to see posts from that person.

-Darren
                      Family Tree DNA
                      I find this doesn't achieve anything Darren, as at times others can be misled by misinformation.
                      Last edited by N21163; 3 October 2015, 05:06 AM.

Comment

The two S5520 testers that you refer to are S5556>S5512 and S5556>S9397. I am negative for these two SNPs and I am not clutching at straws either because I can go to ysearch and see who is closest to both and their places of origin.

The people who belong to all these branches did not all move to one location at the exact same time and well you know it. That is the kind of nonsense that has been forced on all of us testers this past eight years.

"One R1b P297 was found in the Steppe and all R1b are descended from this man." That is what I call clutching at straws. The scientists could not even establish the correct branch that he belonged to when he died.

Comment

The two S5520 testers that you refer to are S5556>S5512 and S5556>S9397. I am S5556 but I am negative for these other two SNPs. I am not clutching at straws either because I can go to ysearch and see who is closest to the other testers and their places of origin.

The people who belong to all these branches did not all move to one location at the exact same time and well you know it. That is the kind of nonsense that has been forced on all of us testers this past eight years.

"One R1b P297 was found in the Steppe and all R1b are descended from this man." That is what I call clutching at straws. The scientists could not even establish the correct branch that he belonged to when he died.

Comment

CWC is not descended from Yamnaya writes a poster at anthrogenica.

Is the TRB the ancestor of BB?

Comment

I find this doesn't achieve anything Darren, as at times others can be misled by misinformation.
                              Misinformation such as all U106 moved together and all spoke the exact same language and all belonged to the exact same culture throughout their 6000 year history.

Comment

Misinformation such as all U106 moved together and all spoke the exact same language and all belonged to the exact same culture throughout their 6000 year history.
                                No one takes the extreme position that you are expressing in your post I've quoted. This is another of your straw man arguments.

Please stop misrepresenting the views of those who disagree with you! It's dishonest to put words in other's mouths.

Comment

Working...
                                X