Corded Ware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I know Irish history and it is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about Ireland. I don't have to quote any of my sources for you. Who do you think you are?

I have already pointed out that the SNP S5520 was found in my test and I am negative for other SNPs that they have tested positive for from the Chromo 2, do you not understand? The same way that you and I belong to M269 all of the S5520 testers have the same ancestor.

No you know absolutely squat about Ireland and you know absolutely squat about Ireland's history.

That is obvious when you sloughed off my "long winded" comment as claptrap. I doubt you even know what claptrap means because any REAL Irishman knows what a black Irish is and some even know what a dark Irish is. The fact that you don't speaks volumes to someone of REAL Irish roots.

You have been asked multiple times by multiple people for your so called "Irish" roots.

What clan do you belong to - you do not answer because you do not belong to a clan and as such you are NOT a real Irishman. Anyone not belonging to a familial clan is 9/10 times not Irish - you are the offspring of someone who has moved to Ireland.

If you really live in Ireland like you try to claim you would know this. Even the major cities still put merit to some of the older familial clans. .. go to a small Irish village and if your name isn't familial clannish than you're a nobody.

The DNA you go on about, ye bleedin' thick geebag, is not anywhere near as old as you state. Your DNA maybe 2,600 years of age - at the very upmost is it 4,000 years, if you happen to be lucky.

You are NOT even of the same major haplogroup as the REAL descendants of the Celts - you are a descendant of GERMANS.

The S5520 - I have no idea what garbage you ramble on about because S5520 is not predominant in Ireland. THERE IS NO PREDOMINANCE IN IRELAND.... Ireland is a VERY diverse population it is one reason why it is such a HASSLE to study.

And to add insult to injury when people poke gigantic holes through your "research" you get offensive and borderline rude.

I apologize to everyone else about my "rant" but this person has little to no claim to being Irish. This is obvious with their continual twisting about of VERIFIED research by dozens of well respected scientists and making claims with not a stitch of proof.

Comment

I know Irish history and it is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about Ireland. I don't have to quote any of my sources for you. Who do you think you are?
      Let me turn your question around on you.

Who do you think you are? A omniscient God, whose statements can not be challenged? You know everything about what you post and everyone else knows nothing?

If we ask you for evidence for your views and you present some, you and we may be shocked to find that we agree with you. But if you make statements that contradict what seems to be proven knowledge about genetic genealogy, population genetics and history without supporting evidence, then what's really shocking is that you don't understand why we don't agree with you - unless you actually do believe that you're an omniscient God whose word must be believed.

You've chosen to post your views on public boards that are used to discuss ideas. The method is that people discuss these ideas to come to a better understanding of various issues related to genetic genealogy and deep ancestry. It generally works well - but only when participants participate in a spirit of reasoned discussion and serious consideration of any evidence presented.

If you don't think that's a good way to discuss your ideas, you can always just not post them here. But you have and that makes them public and open to debate.

Comment

These had little impact on the Scottish dna. The Scots are descended from the Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze-Age people and the Irish of course.
        Not true.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-31905764

Extract: "A DNA study of Britons has shown that genetically there is not a unique Celtic group of people in the UK.

According to the data, those of Celtic ancestry in Scotland and Cornwall are more similar to the English than they are to other Celtic groups."

Comment

These had little impact on the Scottish dna. The Scots are descended from the Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze-Age people and the Irish of course.

Do you actually read the stuff you post? Like really read it or just sort of hope that the people you talk to haven't a clue?

The modern-day Scots maybe descended from the Irish, the Irish are descended from the original Scots. The Irish "royalty" or the kings themselves are said to have been Picts - which you may not be aware are more Celtic / Scot than otherwise.

I believe little boy that you should try doing some legit research. No doubt your claim of Irish founding Scotland comes from the silly little problem in the 1500s when the Lowlanders were called Irish and the Highlanders Scottis.

Next statement you make will be that humanity sprang into existence in the Glen and that every single piece of research is nothing but make believe.

As it is, I grow tired of your ignorance and ignorance it be because you are unwilling to accept other claims. You are rude, demeaning and insulting to others that have legit research or statements. You, boy, are a bully and will not rest until people believe your claims. Unfortunately for you, without research or proof as mentioned, very few people will believe your claims.

Comment

A long winded post full of claptrap.
            Claptrap huh. Sad little boy.

This is what happens were you're a real Irish and not some want-a-be. As I mentioned you haven't a clue about Ireland - not knowing about black Irish.

But here's proof - mutely - of the dark Irish.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=38105
            http://www.sott.net/article/263587-D...iously-thought

Don't need any DNA to prove that - even if it does.

My great-grandfather was what is known as a "dark" Irishman. The original Dark Irish of which they were few & far between in his era are dark skinned, dark haired and dark eyed. They are NOT African-slave mixbloods [my African DNA is pretty much nonexistent] but rather probable descendants of the Iberians / Spanish or given where the Gauls arose - the Gauls/Celts given as Cheddar Man [the most likely Gaul we have to reference] was believed to be dark skinned.

On the other hand, in reverse to my nonexistent African, my Iberian & Spanish is quite high. It is obviously distant - being greater than 17 in gedmatch, as and such makes sense.

My grandfather's family is old and thoroughly Irish.

Sorry little boy, but you haven't a clue what you whine about. Particularly when it comes to Ireland and the UK.

Comment

Several modern historians believe that the Scotti were actually indigenous to Argyll and that any movement was likely from Argyll to Antrim. They suggest that they spoke Gaelic as it was the language of the Atlantic trade routes. Had it not been for the Druim Alban mountain chain being a massive barrier, the Scotti of Argyll may well have spoken the Pictish language.
              Archaeologists point to a lack of supporting evidence to show 'Irish' buildings in Argyll.
              It is agreed that some 7th C manuscripts were added to in the 10th C, largely to support various claims of leaders to govern what we now call Scotland & Antrim.

Tim Clarkson and Stuart McHardy are worth reading, while older papers by E Campbell are fascinating.
              Last edited by bob armstrong; 2 October 2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bob armstrong View Post
                Several modern historians believe that the Scotti were actually indigenous to Argyll and that any movement was likely from Argyll to Antrim. They suggest that they spoke Gaelic as it was the language of the Atlantic trade routes. Had it not been for the Druim Alban mountain chain being a massive barrier, the Scotti of Argyll may well have spoken the Pictish language.
                Archaeologists point to a lack of supporting evidence to show 'Irish' buildings in Argyll.
                It is agreed that some 7th C manuscripts were added to in the 10th C, largely to support various claims of leaders to govern what we now call Scotland & Antrim.

Tim Clarkson and Stuart McHardy are worth reading, while older papers by E Campbell are fascinating.
                These results of mine show that I am close to the Argyll population.

Dodecad V3 4-Ancestors Oracle
                My result
                # Population Percent
                1 West_European 55.32
                2 Mediterranean 23.38
                3 East_European 12.06
                4 West_Asian 7.29
                5 South_Asian 1.45

Uing 4 populations approximation:
                1 Argyll + Argyll + Argyll + Argyll @ 1.146069s

Comment

My result
                  # Population Percent
                  1 West_European 55.32
                  2 Mediterranean 23.38
                  3 East_European 12.06
                  4 West_Asian 7.29
                  5 South_Asian 1.45

So you are Scottish not Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by SwedeLover View Post
                    No you know absolutely squat about Ireland and you know absolutely squat about Ireland's history.

That is obvious when you sloughed off my "long winded" comment as claptrap. I doubt you even know what claptrap means because any REAL Irishman knows what a black Irish is and some even know what a dark Irish is. The fact that you don't speaks volumes to someone of REAL Irish roots.

You have been asked multiple times by multiple people for your so called "Irish" roots.

What clan do you belong to - you do not answer because you do not belong to a clan and as such you are NOT a real Irishman. Anyone not belonging to a familial clan is 9/10 times not Irish - you are the offspring of someone who has moved to Ireland.

If you really live in Ireland like you try to claim you would know this. Even the major cities still put merit to some of the older familial clans. .. go to a small Irish village and if your name isn't familial clannish than you're a nobody.

The DNA you go on about, ye bleedin' thick geebag, is not anywhere near as old as you state. Your DNA maybe 2,600 years of age - at the very upmost is it 4,000 years, if you happen to be lucky.

You are NOT even of the same major haplogroup as the REAL descendants of the Celts - you are a descendant of GERMANS.

The S5520 - I have no idea what garbage you ramble on about because S5520 is not predominant in Ireland. THERE IS NO PREDOMINANCE IN IRELAND.... Ireland is a VERY diverse population it is one reason why it is such a HASSLE to study.

And to add insult to injury when people poke gigantic holes through your "research" you get offensive and borderline rude.

I apologize to everyone else about my "rant" but this person has little to no claim to being Irish. This is obvious with their continual twisting about of VERIFIED research by dozens of well respected scientists and making claims with not a stitch of proof.

Did I claim that I belonged to an Irish clan?

When a person and their ancestors were born in Ireland they are Irish. I don't need to belong to a clan to be Irish because I don't feel insecure about it.
                    Did I claim that I belonged to an Irish clan? Which Irish clan do you belong to? Were you born in Ireland?

Comment

My result
                      # Population Percent
                      1 West_European 55.32
                      2 Mediterranean 23.38
                      3 East_European 12.06
                      4 West_Asian 7.29
                      5 South_Asian 1.45

What's your surname? Is there any connection to Argyll?

Comment

So they believe that the Dál Riata originated in Scotland and was not the result of an Irish invasion? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
                          So you are Scottish not Irish!
                          I don't have a problem with my ancient ancestors being born in Scotland. My 32 GG grandparents and I were all born in Ireland.

Argyll was the one of the regions in Scotland that was colonized by the Dal Riada.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
                            So they believe that the Dál Riata originated in Scotland and was not the result of an Irish invasion? Interesting.
                            Yes, Kevin. There are other experts who hold similar views. It's sad that even in medieval times records were being 'manipulated'!

Comment

What's your surname? Is there any connection to Argyll?
                              I have an Irish surname and no relatives in Scotland. I have been researching my family tree for the last twelve years.

Comment

I don't have a problem with my ancient ancestors being born in Scotland. My 32 GG grandparents and I were all born in Ireland.

Argyll was the one of the regions in Scotland that was colonized by the Dal Riada.
                                Many modern experts are stating that the Scotti were always in Argyll,known to the Romans as Epidii. They then colonised Antrim. So the movement was from east to west, not vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                X