Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right before our eyes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Right before our eyes

    This is so sad to see this mass migration by these families from Syria; literally running for their lives from the Assad regime & ISIL.

    We are actually witnessing a present day migration, which is an example of what may have happened in the past; where people migrated to other regions and assimilated into new cultures.

    Best regards, Doug

    Kit#122883

  • #2
    Germany needs lots of intelligent workers for its industrial value-added productions. It reminds me of the nazi regime bringing in lots of foreign workers.

    Comment


    • #3
      I guess I am optimistic

      Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
      Germany needs lots of intelligent workers for its industrial value-added productions. It reminds me of the nazi regime bringing in lots of foreign workers.
      Well, you have a different take on this then me. I guess I am hoping that these countries that are welcoming these Syrians, Afghans, and other refugees are doing it because they are humanitarians.

      I find this interesting to witness this in the present day, because in the past, hundreds/thousands of years ago, migrations occurred because of wars.

      Best regards, Doug

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
        ...literally running for their lives from the Assad regime & ISIL.
        Well, according to this article in the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0d4_story.html they are runnig rather from the Assad regime who is conducting a genocide on his own people by using weapons of mass destruction like barrel bombs.

        But for the consequences of the waves of refugees coming to Europe I am in no way pessimistic. It will for sure change Europe but not for the worse as I am an adherent of multiculturalism.
        Monoculture has never done good.
        Last edited by M.B.; 9 September 2015, 12:36 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          They are coming from Iraq and various parts of Africa, not just from Syria. Videos and pictures show that.

          Europe is quite multicultural. If any problem with monoculture, then it would be more likely for those who are coming to Europe from societies that are by comparison significantly more uniform.

          In any European country, including Estonia and Iceland with the smallest Islamic communities, there are imams and mosques. And there are Jews. Most, if by now not all, European countries would have populations from South-East Asia. Etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dna View Post
            Europe is quite multicultural. If any problem with monoculture, then it would be more likely for those who are coming to Europe from societies that are by comparison significantly more uniform.
            Keeping in mind that the borders there were literally drawn in the sand by Sykes and Picot, by France and Britain, I doubt these societies are indeed more uniform.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by M.B. View Post
              Keeping in mind that the borders there were literally drawn in the sand by Sykes and Picot, by France and Britain, I doubt these societies are indeed more uniform.
              About the borders.

              Precisely! Some of Middle East national borders were drawn in the sand cutting through a large society with the same uniform culture.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dna View Post
                About the borders.

                Precisely! Some of Middle East national borders were drawn in the sand cutting through a large society with the same uniform culture.
                Tell this the Kurds, the Arabs, the Turkomans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkoman_people), the Sunnis, the Shiites, etc., in this countries.
                "Divide et impera!" was the motto of the western imperialistic forces drawing the borders.
                Last edited by M.B.; 9 September 2015, 03:19 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
                  This is so sad to see this mass migration by these families from Syria; literally running for their lives from the Assad regime & ISIL.

                  We are actually witnessing a present day migration, which is an example of what may have happened in the past; where people migrated to other regions and assimilated into new cultures.

                  Best regards, Doug

                  Kit#122883
                  It is very sad but the UN should do more to end the conflicts. Prevention is better than the cure.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Agreed

                    Originally posted by M.B. View Post
                    Well, according to this article in the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0d4_story.html they are runnig rather from the Assad regime who is conducting a genocide on his own people by using weapons of mass destruction like barrel bombs.

                    But for the consequences of the waves of refugees coming to Europe I am in no way pessimistic. It will for sure change Europe but not for the worse as I am an adherent of multiculturalism.
                    Monoculture has never done good.
                    I agree with your analysis.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by M.B. View Post
                      Well, according to this article in the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0d4_story.html they are runnig rather from the Assad regime who is conducting a genocide on his own people by using weapons of mass destruction like barrel bombs.

                      But for the consequences of the waves of refugees coming to Europe I am in no way pessimistic. It will for sure change Europe but not for the worse as I am an adherent of multiculturalism.
                      Monoculture has never done good.
                      This really is not a good topic for a genetic genealogy forum because it involves politics and very controversial politics at that. However, I will say that there's a good case to be made that refugees are fleeing Syria at least as much because of the fear of ISIS and their atrocities (they're equal opportunity murderers - Christians, Alawites/Shiites, Kurds, Yazidis, etc.) and just the fact that a civil war is destroying their homes and threatening their lives as they are because of the actions of the government's troops.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My reason for starting this thread

                        Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                        This really is not a good topic for a genetic genealogy forum because it involves politics and very controversial politics at that. However, I will say that there's a good case to be made that refugees are fleeing Syria at least as much because of the fear of ISIS and their atrocities (they're equal opportunity murderers - Christians, Alawites/Shiites, Kurds, Yazidis, etc.) and just the fact that a civil war is destroying their homes and threatening their lives as they are because of the actions of the government's troops.

                        My reason for starting this thread, is because I have read many threads on here, where folks are talking about migrations in the past that happened because of wars, etc., and this present day event is another example. I am not holding any political view on this. I am a humanitarian.

                        Best regards, Doug

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
                          My reason for starting this thread, is because I have read many threads on here, where folks are talking about migrations in the past that happened because of wars, etc., and this present day event is another example. I am not holding any political view on this. I am a humanitarian.

                          Best regards, Doug
                          I wasn't faulting you. Your point about how we can see in the situation of Syrian refugees today an insight for human migrations in the ancient past is good.

                          What I'm concerned about is other posters deciding to make a political issue out of your original post. There's enough blame to go around, without making one side the sole cause of the crisis.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We are on the same page

                            Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                            I wasn't faulting you. Your point about how we can see in the situation of Syrian refugees today an insight for human migrations in the ancient past is good.

                            What I'm concerned about is other posters deciding to make a political issue out of your original post. There's enough blame to go around, without making one side the sole cause of the crisis.
                            We are on the same page.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                              It is very sad but the UN should do more to end the conflicts.
                              The problem is the UN is being held hostage by the Security Council where Islamophobia is running high. There are four Christian countries (USA, France, England, Russia) and no Muslim country in the Security Council.
                              Last edited by M.B.; 9 September 2015, 12:44 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X