# Population Percent
    1 North_Sea 34.43
    2 Atlantic 31.38
    3 Baltic 13.42
    4 Eastern_Euro 7.33
    5 West_Asian 5.47
    6 West_Med 5.38
    7 South_Asian 1.95

I'm calling "straw man" argument on 1798, one of the many times he's resorted to putting words in the mouths of other posters to suit his arugment.

Comment

Originally posted by alfiem View Post
      I'm calling "straw man" argument on 1798, one of the many times he's resorted to putting words in the mouths of other posters to suit his arugment.
      Do you know where the Atlantic is?

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
        F999918 Lochsbour
        # Population Percent
        1 North_Sea 34.51
        2 Baltic 33.51
        3 Atlantic 23.86
        4 Eastern_Euro 7.33

F999916 Stuttgart
        # Population Percent
        1 West_Med 47.18
        2 East_Med 27.41
        3 Atlantic 16.08
        4 Red_Sea 5.00
        5 North_Sea 4.33

F999915 La Brana
        # Population Percent
        1 Atlantic 30.24
        2 North_Sea 29.34
        3 Baltic 28.15
        4 Eastern_Euro 11.87

South Ulster
        # Population Percent
        1 North_Sea 34.43
        2 Atlantic 31.38
        3 Baltic 13.42
        4 Eastern_Euro 7.33
        5 West_Asian 5.47
        6 West_Med 5.38
        7 South_Asian 1.95
        What exactly are you trying to prove here?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
          What exactly are you trying to prove here?
          I am not trying to prove anything. I am just showing people that 31% of my dna is Atlantic. I have examined the links that Davidski gave showing the populations that he used for his K15.

Comment

I am not trying to prove anything. I am just showing people that 31% of my dna is Atlantic. I have examined the links that Davidski gave showing the populations that he used for his K15.
            But is Atlantic more common in Irish Celtic populations than in others?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
              But is Atlantic more common in Irish Celtic populations than in others?
              Atlantic is more common in the indigenous Irish like me.
              Last edited by 1798; 20 September 2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I'm 31.28 Atlantic(23andMe) 31.18(FTDNA). I guess that means I'm almost as Irish as you or does it?

Comment

Originally posted by gatty View Post
                  I'm 31.28 Atlantic(23andMe) 31.18(FTDNA). I guess that means I'm almost as Irish as you or does it?
                  You are probably a lot more Irish than I am and good luck to you.

Comment

Do you know where the Atlantic is?
                    Well you obviously don't.

This is the Atlantic reference used in most of the gedmatch populations.
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9o...dHc/edit?pli=1

The higher concentrations are: UK, Germany, France, Spain and their neighbors. NOT simply Ireland.

So if anything you are higher "Viking" or similar Irish INVADER than you are even close to be a true Irishman. Because Ireland if you are unaware has been invaded at least SIX times.

Nowadays unless you belong to an OLD Irish familial clan you are about as true Irish as a Russian in the depths of Siberia. Particularly if the ONLY connection you have to Ireland is DNA "matches" - the vaguest of the vague - because guess, our forefathers for being so "barbaric" did a heck of a lot of traveling.

Sorry to others if that's a tad snappish.

However, with myself belonging to an OLD Irish familial clan - so old we have traced it back to more than 1,000 years, so old scientists have said we were direct descendants of the ORIGINAL Celts and given the limited DNA matches still closely tied to them, so old and so significant in Ireland that our clan is mentioned MANY times in research into Ireland's history [both physical & DNA], so old our surname has its origins with Goídelc [one of the oldest, if not oldest, languages of Ireland] and in some areas stayed to that spelling until the 1700s - early 1800s, so old my DYS is younger than a large number of the DYS found in the "Irish" subtypes - it is beyond aggravating [enough that if I was older & more out of shape I'd probably have keeled over I was so annoyed] to have some upstart claim they are Irish when they match a population that includes MANY other countries than Ireland and for all I know he / she is actually some Spanish German and about as real Irish as my Japanese friend's left foot.

I mean 1798 - what clan are you related to? And by clan I expect their real name, not the modernized / bastardized version.
                    Last edited by James78; 21 September 2015, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James78 View Post
                      so old my DYS is younger than a large number of the DYS found in the "Irish" subtypes
                      Correction: So old my DYS is older[a smaller number] than a large number of the DYS found in the "Irish" subtypes and thus accounts for few matches amongst the wide spread younger [/bigger] DYS numbers

Comment

The higher concentrations are: UK, Germany, France, Spain and their neighbors. NOT simply Ireland.

So if anything you are higher "Viking" or similar Irish INVADER than you are even close to be a true Irishman. Because Ireland if you are unaware has been invaded at least SIX times.

Nowadays unless you belong to an OLD Irish familial clan you are about as true Irish as a Russian in the depths of Siberia. Particularly if the ONLY connection you have to Ireland is DNA "matches" - the vaguest of the vague - because guess, our forefathers for being so "barbaric" did a heck of a lot of traveling.

However, with myself belonging to an OLD Irish familial clan - so old we have traced it back to more than 1,000 years, so old scientists have said we were direct descendants of the ORIGINAL Celts and given the limited DNA matches still closely tied to them, so old and so significant in Ireland that our clan is mentioned MANY times in research into Ireland's history [both physical & DNA], so old our surname has its origins with Goídelc [one of the oldest, if not oldest, languages of Ireland] and in some areas stayed to that spelling until the 1700s - early 1800s, so old my DYS is younger than a large number of the DYS found in the "Irish" subtypes - it is beyond aggravating [enough that if I was older & more out of shape I'd probably have keeled over I was so annoyed] to have some upstart claim they are Irish when they match a population that includes MANY other countries than Ireland and for all I know he / she is actually some Spanish German and about as real Irish as my Japanese friend's left foot.

I mean 1798 - what clan are you related to? And by clan I expect their real name, not the modernized / bastardized version.
                        The Celts arrived 2,500 ybp so what are you raving on about. Ireland has been inhabited for at least 10,000 years. What is the name of the "clan" that your ancestors belonged to before the Celts arrived?

Could you post your K15 results so that we can see how pure Irish that you really are?

Did you not post this recently?
                        "My family is immediately British/UK (my father's mother's family clan has more than 1,000 years of history in Ireland). My distant relatives are European - dutch, danish, netherlands so that general area."
                        Last edited by 1798; 21 September 2015, 05:54 AM.

Comment

F999918 Lochsbour
                          # Population Percent
                          1 North_Sea 34.51
                          2 Baltic 33.51
                          3 Atlantic 23.86
                          4 Eastern_Euro 7.33

F999916 Stuttgart
                          # Population Percent
                          1 West_Med 47.18
                          2 East_Med 27.41
                          3 Atlantic 16.08
                          4 Red_Sea 5.00
                          5 North_Sea 4.33

F999915 La Brana
                          # Population Percent
                          1 Atlantic 30.24
                          2 North_Sea 29.34
                          3 Baltic 28.15
                          4 Eastern_Euro 11.87

Western Finland
                          1 North_Sea 24.93
                          2 Atlantic 24.90
                          3 Eastern_Euro 21.28
                          4 Baltic 18.95
                          5 Siberian 5.31
                          6 West_Med 2.13
                          7 Amerindian 1.43

I am not trying to prove anything. I am just showing people that 25% of my dna is Atlantic.

Using 4 populations approximation:
                          1 East_Finnish + Irish + Kargopol_Russian + Southwest_Finnish @ 6.414351

I am not trying to prove it but maybe I belong to the same clan as 1798.

Comment

Please don't include mythological invasions such as the Fomorians, the Fir Bolg and the Tuatha De Danann. Also stop bashing DNA research. The only way to determine any ones ancestry is through DNA. Has DNA research established that you are connected to an old Irish clan or are you relying on some dodgy paper trail which of course won't reflect non-paternity events? Who are these scientists that say you are descended from the original Celts?

Comment

If your clan name is mentioned routinely then what is it? Also pedigrees are largely meaningless because they can't tell you if a wife was unfaithful to her husband and so can't prove that a child is actually descended from the mother's husband. DNA, on the other hand, shows a biological link. Why is it "junk DNA" for you to be 0.1% African? Humans started out in Africa so it should not be too surprising that many Europeans still carry some African DNA. You said that there were at least 6 invasions of Ireland. The Celts, Vikings, Normans and British were 4 invasions so who were the other two?

Comment

Working...
                              X