Atlantic dna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
    I don't know and neither do you because there is no evidence of which Y-haplogroups were in Ireland during that time.

My K15
    # Population Percent
    1 North_Sea 34.43
    2 Atlantic 31.38
    3 Baltic 13.42
    4 Eastern_Euro 7.33
    5 West_Asian 5.47
    6 West_Med 5.38
    7 South_Asian 1.95

Using 4 populations approximation:
    1 Irish + Irish + Irish + North_German @ 4.162835

Hinxton 4 DF21 F999925 2000 ybp
    # Population Percent
    1 North_Sea 34.84
    2 Atlantic 31.86
    3 Baltic 13.89
    4 West_Med 6.34
    5 Eastern_Euro 5.72
    6 West_Asian 4.78
    7 South_Asian 1.93

1 Irish + Irish + Irish + North_German @ 4.858814

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      My K15
      # Population Percent
      1 North_Sea 34.43
      2 Atlantic 31.38
      3 Baltic 13.42
      4 Eastern_Euro 7.33
      5 West_Asian 5.47
      6 West_Med 5.38
      7 South_Asian 1.95

1 Irish + Irish + Irish + North_German @ 4.162835

Hinxton 4 DF21 F999925 2000 ybp
      # Population Percent
      1 North_Sea 34.84
      2 Atlantic 31.86
      3 Baltic 13.89
      4 West_Med 6.34
      5 Eastern_Euro 5.72
      6 West_Asian 4.78
      7 South_Asian 1.93

1 Irish + Irish + Irish + North_German @ 4.858814
      Do you think this answers kevinduffy's point about the yDNA haplogroups of ancient Ireland? Not at all.

You're answering him with autosomal results, which tell us nothing about the yDNA haplogroups of ancient people. That will be answered by testing of ancient remains, not what you or I or anyone thinks or claims or believes.

So, it would be useful to everyone, especially yourself, if you would drop the aura of certainty about your views and admit that any answer we have today is a guess or speculation, which may or may not turn out to be right.
      Last edited by MMaddi; 23 September 2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
        Do you think this answers kevinduffy's point about the yDNA haplogroups of ancient Ireland? Not at all.

You're answering him with autosomal results, which tell us nothing about the yDNA haplogroups of ancient people. That will be answered by testing of ancient remains, not what you or I or anyone thinks or claims or believes.

So, it would be useful to everyone, especially yourself, if you would drop the aura of certainty about your views and admit that any answer we have today is a guess or speculation, which may or may not turn out to be right.
        @Michael
        I don't know why you keep sticking your oar in but this thread is about the dna of the Irish. The origins of U106 in Ireland does not effect you so I don't understand why you are writing here.

Comment

Does having yDNA that can be connected to Ireland necessarily make you Irish? What if only that line is Irish and the other 31 3gt grandparents are a mix of Scandinavian,French and German(for example)?
          Ydna can point to some Irish ancestry(?) but that's not the same as saying you are Irish.

My K15.(ftdna)

1 North_Sea 36.08
          2 Atlantic 31.18
          3 Baltic 10.73
          4 West_Med 7.83
          5 Eastern_Euro 7.73
          6 West_Asian 2.34
          7 Red_Sea 1.43

1 Irish + Irish + Irish + Irish @ 2.428

Comment

@Michael
            I don't know why you keep sticking your oar in but this thread is about the dna of the Irish. The origins of U106 in Ireland does not effect you so I don't understand why you are writing here.
            Interesting...the title is "Atlantic DNA" and it began with a post of gedmatch calculator results and you bolding the "Atlantic" component.

You've been trying, desperately, for some time now to have some kind of "proof" to back up your statements...

and like every other time, you come up with nothing.

Now you change your tack and the thread is about U106 in Ireland...and apparently only Irish people who are U106 can comment on this? LOL

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and come up with a decent argument, based on research evidence for a change.

Like your other posts, you'll just keep swimming in circles until Darren decides to close the thread...and the same stuff will just be rehashed somewhere else.

Change the record.

Comment

Originally posted by gatty View Post
              Does having yDNA that can be connected to Ireland necessarily make you Irish? What if only that line is Irish and the other 31 3gt grandparents are a mix of Scandinavian,French and German(for example)?
              Ydna can point to some Irish ancestry(?) but that's not the same as saying you are Irish.

My K15.(ftdna)

1 North_Sea 36.08
              2 Atlantic 31.18
              3 Baltic 10.73
              4 West_Med 7.83
              5 Eastern_Euro 7.73
              6 West_Asian 2.34
              7 Red_Sea 1.43

1 Irish + Irish + Irish + Irish @ 2.428
              First of all one must be born in Ireland to be Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
                Interesting...the title is "Atlantic DNA" and it began with a post of gedmatch calculator results and you bolding the "Atlantic" component.

You've been trying, desperately, for some time now to have some kind of "proof" to back up your statements...

and like every other time, you come up with nothing.

Now you change your tack and the thread is about U106 in Ireland...and apparently only Irish people who are U106 can comment on this? LOL

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and come up with a decent argument, based on research evidence for a change.

Like your other posts, you'll just keep swimming in circles until Darren decides to close the thread...and the same stuff will just be rehashed somewhere else.

Change the record.
                What proof have you ever come up with for your statements?

The Megalithic tombs in Ireland were not built by Martians, so who built them? L21 people say that they arrived with the Celts.

Most Irish people have 30% Atlantic dna and that is a fact.

And, some people are trying so hard to keep R1b out of Europe until the BA but they have failed.

Comment

The Megalithic tombs in Ireland were not built by Martians, so who built them? L21 people say that they arrived with the Celts.

And, some people are trying so hard to keep R1b out of Europe until the BA but they have failed.
                  None of this proves that the tombs were built by U106 people. As far as I am aware, there is no evidence showing what Y-haplogroups were carried by the pre-L21 people of Ireland.

Comment

First of all one must be born in Ireland to be Irish.
                    So children of Irish diplomats(for example) born abroad are not Irish ?
                    I speak as a child of a British diplomat who was born in what was then the Belgium Congo. I am neither African nor Belgian.

Quite obviously you are talking nonsense.

Comment

As other have stated this conversation is going in circles. Until new evidence has been discovered why don't we let this one rest a while.

-Darren
                      Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
                        None of this proves that the tombs were built by U106 people. As far as I am aware, there is no evidence showing what Y-haplogroups were carried by the pre-L21 people of Ireland.
                        Would you have a problem with it if they were involved with the tomb builders?

Comment

No, but there is no evidence that they were.

Comment

Which statements are you referring to in particular?
                            I have used research to back up statements throughout these forums...or is this some feeble attempt for you to deflect my question

The Megalithic tombs in Ireland were not built by Martians, so who built them?
                            Strawman argument. No one said they were built by Martians, I would expect such ravings from a person who uses "intuition" and "psychic friends" to back up their statements rather than research.

L21 people say that they arrived with the Celts.
                            Do they? I don't recall seeing any such statements, nor have I made any.

I don't recall discussing percentages of gedmatch calculators, stating what was Irish and what wasn't. If you have found some kind of correlation between the percentages and some people who have tested then that is great...

Does that mean that it is the same for all Irish people? No.

Does it mean that people who are not Irish, cannot have these percentages? No.

The "Atlantic" component doesn't just apply to "Irish" people.

*I have deliberately put quotation marks on Irish, due to one of your previous statements: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...7&postcount=36

According to your statement, anyone who has 30% on the Atlantic component cannot be considered Irish if they were not born in Ireland.

What? Once again you jump around all over the place. It is near impossible for you to stick to one line of discussion.
                            You have issues with some posters on these forums and theories that are put forward...don't paint some broad brush over everyone else.

Getting back to U106 in Ireland and building the tombs or what have you...Unless you have some evidence, from research, then you are speculating.

I have not seen any evidence to suggest that U106 was in Ireland prior to 300 AD.

No there would not. As there is currently no evidence, suggested or otherwise, you just appear hopeful.
                            Last edited by N21163; 24 September 2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

@N21163
                              The Megalithic tombs in Ireland were built by the ancestors of the people living in Ireland today. That is the correct answer.

Some of the L21 people claim that it was their ancestors who brought the Celtic language to Ireland.

Comment

@N21163
                                The Megalithic tombs in Ireland were built by the ancestors of the people living in Ireland today. That is the correct answer.

Some of the L21 people claim that it was their ancestors who brought the Celtic language to Ireland.
                                But that doesn't prove that the tomb builders were U106.

Comment

Working...
                                X