• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    You wouldn't understand.
    Really?

A poster at anthrogenica
    "Modelling EHG as WHG and ANE failed, massively!"
    Once again a random post on anthrogenica, no link and no discussion context...

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
    Right. They would have crossed the Bering Strait, if they had existed 13,000 years ago. But, of course, they didn't exist.

And how do you know they didn't exist? You are the same 1798 who insists that the ancestors of modern European R-M269 were in western Europe in Mesolithic times, without any ancient DNA to back up your assertion, right? How do you come up with these "facts" without any evidence at all?

It's an immutable law, according to 1798, that any R men in Siberia would have crossed over the Bering Strait, if they existed.

Are you serious??!! This is the worst case of special pleading I've seen in a long time, even from you. You've just pulled this "fact" out of thin air to answer me.

You really are a piece of work.
    Well said.
    Last edited by N21163; 8 July 2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
      Right. They would have crossed the Bering Strait, if they had existed 13,000 years ago. But, of course, they didn't exist.

And how do you know they didn't exist? You are the same 1798 who insists that the ancestors of modern European R-M269 were in western Europe in Mesolithic times, without any ancient DNA to back up your assertion, right? How do you come up with these "facts" without any evidence at all?

It's an immutable law, according to 1798, that any R men in Siberia would have crossed over the Bering Strait, if they existed.

Are you serious??!! This is the worst case of special pleading I've seen in a long time, even from you. You've just pulled this "fact" out of thin air to answer me.

You really are a piece of work.
      Haplogroup Q crossed the Bering Strait from Siberia. If R or ant other dna haplogroup lived in the region at that time they would have moved with them. Some expect me to believe that that Z2103 and L51 moved together from the Steppe to western Europe and no dna evidence to support it. And, at the same time ignoring the fact that R1a was found in ancient remains in the Steppe.

It has been not been proved yet that a small group of perhaps less than 50-100 M269 HG forest dwellers survived in western Europe 8000 ybp. That does not mean that they were not there. Some people write that M269 in western Europe did not expand until the BA.

Comment

Haplogroup Q crossed the Bering Strait from Siberia. If R or ant other dna haplogroup lived in the region at that time they would have moved with them.
        Out of curiosity, you are aware Q & R are practically brothers aren't you ?

There's much debate over the exact timing of the crossing into America but one theory is the area formed a refugium that trapped them.

This could certainly help explain not only the very high levels of ANE in Native Americans but also the lack of R, assuming there was any R in the population that went that way which is not a necessity.

Comment

http://horizon-magazine.eu/article/i...ink-extinction

Ice-age Europeans roamed in small bands of fewer than 30, on brink of extinction.

"Prof. Pinhasi’s team has found that the genomes sequenced from hunter-gatherers from Hungary and Switzerland between 14 000 to 7 500 years ago are very close to specimens from Denmark or Sweden from the same period."

Comment

still having trouble with links I see : )

http://horizon-magazine.eu/article/i...nction_en.html

So after reading this do you still think it's as simple as WHG = Cro Magnon ?

Comment

Originally posted by Subwoofer View Post
              still having trouble with links I see : )

http://horizon-magazine.eu/article/i...nction_en.html

So after reading this do you still think it's as simple as WHG = Cro Magnon ?
              Deinekes has links on his blog.

I don't see why some WHG could not be linked to the Cro-Magnon.

Comment

I don't see why some WHG could not be linked to the Cro-Magnon.
                Well this sort of paper should provide a lot of answers, 500 aDNA samples is going to keep us busy for a while : )

Comment

Working...
                X