X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer
    replied
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I have no matching segments with the Yamnaya.
    How can this possibly be evidence of ANE entering Ireland in the Mesolithic ?

A lot of experts know it.
    Logic trap number 11 I believe, 'appeal to authority' : )

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Subwoofer View Post
    And your evidence for this is ?

You're going to have to remind me where I said this.

Some people think BB originated in Iberia, others don't

http://www.jna.uni-kiel.de/index.php...e/view/112/113
    I have no matching segments with the Yamnaya.

A lot of experts know it.

Leave a comment:

• Subwoofer
    replied
    ANE is around 17% in the modern Irish and probably came with the Mesolithic people who settled there.
    And your evidence for this is ?

So you don't think that the CWC are descended from the Yamnaya.
    You're going to have to remind me where I said this.

That is good. The BB came from Iberia and they have no links to the Yamnaya either.
    Some people think BB originated in Iberia, others don't

http://www.jna.uni-kiel.de/index.php...e/view/112/113

Leave a comment:

replied
    Lazaridis et al showed this, you repeated it : )

However they also concluded SHG did not form a component in modern Europeans (that they could find), hence why SHG was missing from their diagram. Ergo ANE in Europeans is also unlikely to have come from them.

No, I think you're the first crackpot to write this ???
    ANE is around 17% in the modern Irish and probably came with the Mesolithic people who settled there.

So you don't think that the CWC are descended from the Yamnaya. That is good. The BB came from Iberia and they have no links to the Yamnaya either.

Leave a comment:

• Subwoofer
    replied
    Okay, so the Yamnaya gave western Europeans ANE and I have already shown in other posts that ANE was already in western Europe before Yamnaya. Also Motala, the SHGs, had lots of ANE and they were a long way from the Steppe.
    Lazaridis et al showed this, you repeated it : )

However they also concluded SHG did not form a component in modern Europeans (that they could find), hence why SHG was missing from their diagram. Ergo ANE in Europeans is also unlikely to have come from them.

There are some crackpots who claim that the Z2103 Yamnaya are the ancestors of the [b]R1a CWC and the R1a CWC are the ancestors of the U152 BBs.
    No, I think you're the first crackpot to write this ???

Leave a comment:

replied
    Who said WHG came from the Yamnaya culture ? They (or a closely related group) are the presumed source of ANE in Europeans.
    Okay, so the Yamnaya gave western Europeans ANE and I have already shown in other posts that ANE was already in western Europe before Yamnaya. Also Motala, the SHGs, had lots of ANE and they were a long way from the Steppe.

There are some crackpots who claim that the Z2103 Yamnaya are the ancestors of the R1a CWC and the R1a CWC are the ancestors of the U152 BBs.
    Last edited by 1798; 6 July 2015, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Subwoofer
    replied
    I did not state that I inherited WHG from the Kent Cavern man. The earliest humans in western Europe were known as the Cro Magnon. After them the farmers 30,000 years later. So they had 30,000 years to diverge into whats known as WHG. WHG did not come from the Yamnaya.
    WHG is the dna of the Cro-Magnon
    Who said WHG came from the Yamnaya culture ? They (or a closely related group) are the presumed source of ANE in Europeans.

Leave a comment:

replied
    How about you show they inherited WHG from the Kent Cavern man. Indeed can you even demonstrate WHG is over 40,000 years old ?
    I did not state that I inherited WHG from the Kent Cavern man. The earliest humans in western Europe were known as the Cro Magnon. After them the farmers 30,000 years later. So they had 30,000 years to diverge into whats known as WHG. WHG did not come from the Yamnaya.

Leave a comment:

• N21163
    replied
    I think everybody here understands this

More than likely but not necessarily.

However

Second point is particularly relevant since I don’t think WHG is likely to be anywhere nearly 40,000 years old, in which case your conjecture is mute.

Leave a comment:

• Subwoofer
    replied
    WHG is Western European Hunter Gatherer dna
    I think everybody here understands this

and it originated in western Europe.
    More than likely but not necessarily.

However

How about you show they inherited WHG from the Kent Cavern man. Indeed can you even demonstrate WHG is over 40,000 years old ?
    Second point is particularly relevant since I don’t think WHG is likely to be anywhere nearly 40,000 years old, in which case your conjecture is mute.

Leave a comment:

• N21163
    replied
    WHG is Western European Hunter Gatherer dna and it originated in western Europe. What part of that do you not understand?
    You are the only one here who does not understand what logical fallacies are and what a cyclic argument is.

You have contributed nothing to support you original statement, as I have outlined at length in this thread.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by N21163 View Post
    Cyclic argument. Does not help your original statement. You line of argument is dismissed as nonsense.

Strawman argument. Dismissed as nonsense

Undoubtedly

The burden of proof is with you.

You have been asked to provide research to support your statements and you continue to go around in circles.

...and now you have brought the thread to the point I highlighted in one of my earlier posts.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...0&postcount=12

You have not advanced this discussion beyond your initial statement. You have not provided reference to research to support your original statement. You continue to go around in circles and your argument is going nowhere.
    WHG is Western European Hunter Gatherer dna and it originated in western Europe. What part of that do you not understand?

Leave a comment:

• N21163
    replied
    Said it before and I'll say it again, this forum could really do with a 'thank you for your useful post' or 'I like your post' button. Actually I think both as options would be nice : )

Leave a comment:

• Subwoofer
    replied
    Said it before and I'll say it again, this forum could really do with a 'thank you for your useful post' or 'I like your post' button. Actually I think both as options would be nice : )

Leave a comment:

• N21163
    replied
    The ANE calculator is accurate then.
    Cyclic argument. Does not help your original statement. You line of argument is dismissed as nonsense.

Who do you think that the two ancient samples are descended from? Martians
    Strawman argument. Dismissed as nonsense

Failed to find the reference then ? : ))))
    Undoubtedly

Alright then, take your time, you tell me who Lochsbour,Motala and La Brana are descended from?
    The burden of proof is with you.

You have been asked to provide research to support your statements and you continue to go around in circles.

It is about time that some ancient remains were dna tested in the Isles and France and then we will see how they are related to modern western Europeans.
    ...and now you have brought the thread to the point I highlighted in one of my earlier posts.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...0&postcount=12

You have not advanced this discussion beyond your initial statement. You have not provided reference to research to support your original statement. You continue to go around in circles and your argument is going nowhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X