The Lost Tribe, M269

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Subwoofer View Post
    The commonest normal notion is they had some sort of advantage, possibly pastoralists with the ability to digest raw milk ? but of course it could be luck of the draw !!

That said they aren't the only ones, both I1 and I2 have common ancestors not that long ago, however the common ancestor of I1 and I2 is much much older and they turn up in European Neolithic aDNA quite regularly

Of course there's been a strong suspicion that R1b is young in Western Europe for a long time now, hence all those conversations about WAMH which lead to a small number of amateur genetic genealogists to suggest it came in with the Indo European languge family.

That said I don't think anybody disagrees we need more evidence and who knows maybe it will all go up in a puff of smoke, but I doubt it.
    That is wishful thinking and seems like an ego trip for them.

R1b-M269 seemed to live as an isolated group for 6000 years not 9000.

The Ardennes would not be a popular origin place for some people. When I thought about a location the Ardennes came to mind and I know very little about this region. I had to look up wikipedia last night to find out about it.
    Last edited by 1798; 12 May 2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      That is wishful thinking and seems like an ego trip for them. .
      Why ?

R1b-M269 seemed to live as an isolated group for 6000 years not 9000.
      How does this help your argument ?

The Ardennes would not be a popular origin place for some people. When I thought about a location the Ardennes came to mind and I know very little about this region. I had to look up wikipedia last night to find out about it.
      And this is relevant (assuming it’s actually true, and I can’t see why) because ?

Comment

So you plucked it out of thin air !!

And you wonder why people don't take you seriously ?

Comment

This is the essence of 1798's 'scientific method." He comes up with ideas out of thin air, with no evidence to support them, as long as his "theory" can cast doubt on what he will not admit to be even possible, even though there's a good deal of evidence for it and a growing consensus behind it among scientists and genetic genealogists. Pure genius!

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
            This is the essence of 1798's 'scientific method." He comes up with ideas out of thin air, with no evidence to support them, as long as his "theory" can cast doubt on what he will not admit to be even possible, even though there's a good deal of evidence for it and a growing consensus behind it among scientists and genetic genealogists. Pure genius!
            Thee is absolutely no evidence to show that U106 originated in the Steppe.

Thanks.

Comment

I posted a long time ago before anyone else that Z156 was a Bronze Age marker. Was I right?

Comment

I posted a long time ago before anyone else that Z156 was a Bronze Age marker. Was I right?
                Really, the Bronze Age !!

That's pretty accurate, did you do that by yourself or did you have some help ?

Comment

Really, the Bronze Age !!

That's pretty accurate, did you do that by yourself or did you have some help ?
                  And what have you done by yourself?!!!!!Did someone describe you as a Super Migrationist?
                  Last edited by 1798; 13 May 2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

And what have you done by yourself?!!!!!Did someone describe you as a Super Migrationist?
                    Not that I know of, I really think you may have me confused with somebody else : )

Comment

Not that I know of, I really think you may have me confused with somebody else : )
                      Have you any thoughts on where the lost tribe of M269 lived?

Comment

It appears 1798 thought you wee being sarcastic when your question was genuine.

Comment

Hmm you may have stated that you thought it was a Bronze Age marker...did you not also state at one point that you believed it had been in Ireland since the Megalithic Period? Or that your branch of U106 descended from Doggerland?
                          You also stated Somerled was a Celt based on what one of your 'psychic' friends had stated from seeing "Somerled" written on a piece of paper...

You are free to change your mind as you wish, if you had scientific evidence to back up your theories they would seem more credible.

If you threw 100 darts at a dart board you may get one bulls-eye, you may get none, you may get 20...but I wouldn't go as far to say that you could play darts

You could come up with a bunch of theories about the same SNP and one of them could seem plausible...possibly.

Have you established that Z156 was from Bronze Age Ireland? If so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
                            It appears 1798 thought you wee being sarcastic when your question was genuine.
                            Admittedly I have a mild tendency towards sarcasm but I am curious as to whom he's mixing me up with : )

Comment

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
                              Hmm you may have stated that you thought it was a Bronze Age marker...did you not also state at one point that you believed it had been in Ireland since the Megalithic Period? Or that your branch of U106 descended from Doggerland?
                              You also stated Somerled was a Celt based on what one of your 'psychic' friends had stated from seeing "Somerled" written on a piece of paper...

You are free to change your mind as you wish, if you had scientific evidence to back up your theories they would seem more credible.

If you threw 100 darts at a dart board you may get one bulls-eye, you may get none, you may get 20...but I wouldn't go as far to say that you could play darts

You could come up with a bunch of theories about the same SNP and one of them could seem plausible...possibly.

Have you established that Z156 was from Bronze Age Ireland? If so, how?
                              What about M269? Have you any thoughts about the bottleneck and why you never saw it or mentioned it?

Has any scientist established the origin place of Z156 or any other SNP for that matter?

The North Sea dna that is showing up in my K15 and others is from Doggerland.

Comment

What about M269? Have you any thoughts about the bottleneck and why you never saw it or mentioned it?

Has any scientist established the origin place of Z156 or any other SNP for that matter?
                                Answering questions with more questions, a good precursor to circular discussion. Congratulations.

The North Sea dna that is showing up in my K15 and others is from Doggerland.
                                According to you.

The K15 calculator isn't conclusive evidence, it just seemingly fits your background.

Keep throwing those darts
                                Last edited by N21163; 13 May 2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X