Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
    Gravity is only a theory.

Theories are accepted as such by science as long as they can account for all of the facts. As soon as a fact is found that the theory can't account for, the theory needs to be either modified or replaced.

The Out of Africa Theory is still accepted by most because it accounts for all of the relevant facts. Nothing has been found that is contradictory.

The innuendo in your message makes me wonder if this markes the grand debut of your new "Out of Ireland" hypothesis...

Timothy Peterman
    "Out of the Ardennes" sounds better.

Comment

quote removed

Another personal attack.

You seem to have a problem with anyone who is Irish. I never posted anything about being pure Irish or that the Irish are superior to other ethnic groups.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
        Another personal attack.

You seem to have a problem with anyone who is Irish. I never posted anything about being pure Irish or that the Irish are superior to other ethnic groups.
        No, we have a problem with anyone who has foolish beliefs that he stubbornly sticks to, without much evidence to back them up. The fact that you're Irish has nothing to do with your foolishness. As I've posted once before, I'm sure that true Irish nationalists roll their eyes whenever you start waxing romantic about your Irish purity.

It is the case that you've backed off somewhat from your past insistence that all your ancestry is Irish for over 10,000 years, which certainly gave the impression that you believe that you're "pure Irish." You've also denied the effects of migrations and population replacement in Europe in the last 10,000 years, although recently you seem to accept that non-Europeans brought agriculture to Europe during the Neolithic period.

So, I was about to concede that you've taken a step to admitting you might not be "pure Irish" as you had insisted before. Then I came acrosss this statement by you in a post in another thread this morning: "I think that my autosomal dna results represents the Irish gene pool since the last Ice-Age." This was posted at http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...5&postcount=29.

You really can't help yourself. You make a move toward a rational position, but still in your heart of hearts hold on to the romantic notion that you're "pure Irish."

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
          No, we have a problem with anyone who has foolish beliefs that he stubbornly sticks to, without much evidence to back them up. The fact that you're Irish has nothing to do with your foolishness. As I've posted once before, I'm sure that true Irish nationalists roll their eyes whenever you start waxing romantic about your Irish purity.

It is the case that you've backed off somewhat from your past insistence that all your ancestry is Irish for over 10,000 years, which certainly gave the impression that you believe that you're "pure Irish." You've also denied the effects of migrations and population replacement in Europe in the last 10,000 years, although recently you seem to accept that non-Europeans brought agriculture to Europe during the Neolithic period.

So, I was about to concede that you've taken a step to admitting you might not be "pure Irish" as you had insisted before. Then I came acrosss this statement by you in a post in another thread this morning: "I think that my autosomal dna results represents the Irish gene pool since the last Ice-Age." This was posted at http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...5&postcount=29.

You really can't help yourself. You make a move toward a rational position, but still in your heart of hearts hold on to the romantic notion that you're "pure Irish."
          I did not say that I was pure Irish. The Irish gene pool comes made from all the migrations that happened over the last 10,000 years.

Comment

I did not say that I was pure Irish. The Irish gene pool comes made from all the migrations that happened over the last 10,000 years.
            And do some of those migrations come from outside Europe, in your estimation? A simple yes or no, please.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
              And do some of those migrations come from outside Europe, in your estimation? A simple yes or no, please.
              I don't know if the number of farmers that came from Anatolia made a great impact on the Irish gene pool.

Comment

I don't know if the number of farmers that came from Anatolia made a great impact on the Irish gene pool.
                MMaddi: Very well said in the above comments. Much better then I would stated the same sentiment.

1798: You sure state like you definitely know based on the your posts MMaddi pointed out above.

Comment

Originally posted by thetick View Post
                  MMaddi: Very well said in the above comments. Much better then I would stated the same sentiment.

1798: You sure state like you definitely know based on the your posts MMaddi pointed out above.
                  What is it to you?

Comment

Working...
                  X