Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectacular Neolithic finds showcased in Orkney this summer

http://www.islandnewsandadvertiser.c...y-this-summer/

“The amount of prehistoric Neolithic art which has been recovered from the site is staggering,” he added. “It’s the biggest assemblage of its kind in Britain.”

Good news. Nice to see so many new finds. I think this 3,000-5,000 years ago period could be really helpful in terms of YDNA.

I had the pleasure today looking at a circa 3,000 year old skull that appeared to have pretty intact teeth. The skull itself is an old discovery but as it was originally found in Derbyshire only about 20 miles north of where we live I am motivated to find out if DNA analysis could be done. I did find out it has been radio carbon dated, I just don't know how may of these older finds that were tested years ago just sit there not getting DNA tested?

Earl.

Comment

Another orkney site

The links of Noltland on the isle of Westray in Orkney is also another amazing site that is currently being investigated. It's a good one to visit if you want to get closer to the action without the thousands of visitors that the Ness of Brodgar will be getting. Some fairly spectacular finds from Noltland too.

Comment

Working...
      X