Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people have had their DNA tested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E19463 View Post
    After considering all the delay in processing my DNA I must say that now it seems quite unrealistic to imagine much more people doing this DNA testing as it is already a great big mess with all this backlog and the months-long waiting for results to come in.
    Reminds me of the Yogi Berra quote "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded". DNA testing is doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by travers View Post
      Reminds me of the Yogi Berra quote "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded". DNA testing is doing just fine.
      It seems to be self limiting and preventing a breaktrough. I for example cannot recommend anyone doing this test as I would have a bad conscience to see the person I let to do the test being fobbed off for months with new deadlines over and over again like it happens to me. FTDNA is definitely not doing fine, it is appalling. Nothing can bring back the time lost waiting. They say time is money. But money can be refunded, time not.
      Last edited by E19463; 5 March 2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Frust bringt doch nichts

It seems to be self limiting and preventing a breaktrough. I for example cannot recommend anyone doing this test as I would have a bad conscience to see the person I let to do the test being fobbed off for months with new deadlines over and over again like it happens to me. FTDNA is definitely not doing fine, it is appalling. Nothing can bring back the time lost waiting. They say time is money. But money can be refunded, time not.
        You have now taken it all means claim to bring your grievances.

Once the results are there, you will be pleased and begin to investigate. Even though you might find initially not the expected close cousins / paternal ancestors, especially the opportunities of German origin eh still very low, because of the one-sidedness of the origin of the person tested or their limit in terms of the depth and seriousness of the pedigrees.

So again: just continue to have patience and look at the whole thing as an expensive hobby or toy ... (and there are actually more expensive hobbies).

That it is not worth miemen the embittered here and create a puke image, right? ;-)

Sie haben doch jetzt alle Mittel in Anspruch genommen, um Ihre Beschwerden zum Ausdruck zu bringen.

Sobald die Ergebnisse da sind, werden Sie sich freuen und anfangen, zu forschen. Auch wenn Sie vielleicht anfänglich noch nicht die erhofften nahen Cousins / väterlichen Vorfahren finden, zumal die Chancen als Deutschstämmiger eh noch sehr gering sind, wegen der Einseitigkeit der Herkunft der Getesteten bzw. deren Begrenzung, was die Tiefe und Seriosität der Stammbäume betrifft.

Also nochmal: einfach weiterhin Geduld haben und das Ganze als ein teures Hobby oder Spielzeug betrachten... (und es gibt tatsächlich teurere Hobbies).

Das ist es doch nicht wert, hier den Verbitterten zu miemen und sich ein Kotzbrocken-Image anzulegen, oder? ;-)

Sorry, my English is too simple to translate this friendly encouragement.
        Last edited by Petra; 5 March 2015, 07:55 AM. Reason: Missing explanation, why I wrote in German

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
          Auch wenn Sie vielleicht anfänglich noch nicht die erhofften nahen Cousins / väterlichen Vorfahren finden, zumal die Chancen als Deutschstämmiger eh noch sehr gering sind, wegen der Einseitigkeit der Herkunft der Getesteten bzw. deren Begrenzung, was die Tiefe und Seriosität deren Stammbäume betrifft...
          And that is why I would wish much more people participating in DNA testing as this would make it much more probable to find unknown relatives, especially for someone like me as my parents were born in a different country then me and I was grown up again in another country then were my birthplace is. So we should promote DNA testing to everyone, but risking to alienate someone due to the extreme delays prevents me to recommend this test, sorry.

PS: Gut zu wissen, dass ich (bei dir) zur Not auch auf Deutsch umswitchen kann!
          Last edited by E19463; 5 March 2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

So we should promote DNA testing to everyone, but risking to alienate someone due to the extreme delays prevents me to recommend this test, sorry.
            BTW: I do not think my experience with my delayed y37 test is an exception as my mtDNA test seems to go also awry: I ordered it in January, got the kit only in Febuary and it was batched in March with a deadline in April. Let's wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
              Sobald die Ergebnisse da sind, werden Sie sich freuen...
              Mittlerweile nicht mehr. Do you really think you can let a person wait for that long and after all he will just say: "Thank you, Ma'am?"
              I paid in autumn last year, winter came and went by, we have now springtime and still no results. For sure I will not forget all the delays and all the excuses - and after all of this to expect me to smile and kiss hands is beyond my imagination.
              Like I said, I wish many more people would participate in DNA testing - but not as long as FTDNA does not get its act together.

Comment

Working...
              X