Promethease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promethease

I paid $5 for one of these reports using my raw data.It is very interesting but not to be taken very seriously. The part that I find most interesting is the SNPs that are specific to me. I looked up some of them in the 1000 genome site and some of the genotypes I have are rare enough.The frequencies of some are 0,029,0.028,0.091,0,139 and 0.005.

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I paid $5 for one of these reports using my raw data.It is very interesting but not to be taken very seriously. The part that I find most interesting is the SNPs that are specific to me. I looked up some of them in the 1000 genome site and some of the genotypes I have are rare enough.The frequencies of some are 0,029,0.028,0.091,0,139 and 0.005.
    I have an SNP linked to this and I was good at sprinting when I was a lot younger.
    "Better performing muscles. Likely sprinter. This genotype indicates better performing muscles, particularly for sprinting and power sports. Fast-twitch muscle fibers are able to produce alpha-actinin-3. Professional sprinters usually have this, although it is less common for endurance athletes."

Fascinating.

Comment

I have an SNP linked to this and I was good at sprinting when I was a lot younger.
      "Better performing muscles. Likely sprinter. This genotype indicates better performing muscles, particularly for sprinting and power sports. Fast-twitch muscle fibers are able to produce alpha-actinin-3. Professional sprinters usually have this, although it is less common for endurance athletes."

Fascinating.
      The SNP that sprinters may have is rs1815739 CC.
      I am also a worrier not a warrior, rs4680.
      I don't know what this SNP, rs11594111 GG, is for but at the 1000G site its frequency shows at 0.005% which seems rare enough in the world population. These are my genotypes and they are all in the FF so you can all check them. Share and compare.
      Last edited by 1798; 7 February 2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

The SNP that sprinters may have is rs1815739 CC.
        I am also a worrier not a warrior, rs4680.
        I don't know what this SNP, rs11594111 GG, is for but at the 1000G site its frequency shows at 0.005% which seems rare enough in the world population. These are my genotypes and they are all in the FF so you can all check them. Share and compare.
        I forgot to add my genotype for this is rs4680 AA.

Comment

Working...
        X