rs4911414 n/a TT TT GG GG
    rs4778241 n/a AA AA AA GG
    rs4778138 AA CC AC CC AA
    rs7495174 GG AA GG AA GG
    rs2228278 GG AG n/a AA AA
    rs2228479 GG GG GG GG GG
    rs1805005 GG GG GG GG n/a
    rs1805007 n/a CT CC CC CC
    Last edited by 1798; 29 November 2014, 12:37 PM.

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    A/N K14 MA-1 LOCH. H4
    rs1042602 n/a CC CC CC AA
    rs1426654 GG GG GG GG AA
    rs7853989 CC GG n/a GG GG
    rs1015362 n/a CT TT CC n/a
    rs4911414 n/a TT TT GG GG
    rs4778241 n/a AA AA AA GG
    rs4778138 AA CC AC CC AA
    rs7495174 GG AA GG AA GG
    rs2228278 GG AG n/a AA AA
    rs2228479 GG GG GG GG GG
    rs1805005 GG GG GG GG n/a
    rs1805007 n/a CT CC CC CC
    K14 the 37,000 year old ancient remains from Siberia had rs1015362 CT and rs4911414 TT. These SNPs are associated with freckles so he must have been pale skinned not dark. He also had two copies of the red- hair gene and he was blue-eyed.

Comment

And yes I'm sure you think he was Irish and not British. Blah blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by thetick View Post
        And yes I'm sure you think he was Irish and not British. Blah blah blah.
        He was Siberian and I am closer to his dna than the others.That was the point I was making and maybe you should grow up.

Comment

He was Siberian and I am closer to his dna than the others.That was the point I was making and maybe you should grow up.
          Yes, thetick, grow up and have some proper respect for the world-renowned population geneticist, Dr. Ciaran O'Boylan, and his revolutionary theories of how Ireland was the birthplace of Europeans and, most important of all, every single one of his ancestors. The Siberians of 20,000+ years ago obviously originally came from Ireland. Ipso facto, presto magic - haplogroup R was born in Ireland!
          Last edited by MMaddi; 30 November 2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
            Yes, thetick, grow up and have some proper respect for the world-renowned population geneticist, Dr. Ciaran O'Boylan, and his revolutionary theories of how Ireland was the birthplace of Europeans and, most important of all, every single one of his ancestors. The Siberians of 20,000+ years ago obviously originally came from Ireland. Ipso facto, presto magic - haplogroup R was born in Ireland!
            I did not say that R M207 was born in Ireland. I posted once that Z156 may have an origin in Ireland or Scotland because of the haplotype diversity in the region.I am related to the ancient Siberian through autosomal dna.

Comment

K14 the 37,000 year old ancient remains from Siberia had rs1015362 CT and rs4911414 TT. These SNPs are associated with freckles so he must have been pale skinned not dark. He also had two copies of the red- hair gene and he was blue-eyed.
              Just because you can't see freckles on people with dark skin doesn't mean they don't have them : )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freckle

Freckles can be found on anyone no matter their genetic background
              I haven't the time nor patience to check for myself but everybody else is saying he had dark skin, eyes and hair, you kicking against the facts again ?

Comment

Originally posted by Subwoofer View Post
                Just because you can't see freckles on people with dark skin doesn't mean they don't have them : )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freckle

I haven't the time nor patience to check for myself but everybody else is saying he had dark skin, eyes and hair, you kicking against the facts again ?
                He has the same alleles as I have for blue eyes. He has two copies of the red hair gene which is unusual for dark skinned people.

Comment

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/stor...-of-europeans/

"As expected, the genetic data showed that modern Europeans hold a mix of genes from Middle Eastern farmers and the European hunter-gatherers who preceded them into Europe. But it also shows that modern Europeans have genetic contributions from a third group, originating in ancient north Eurasia, that was unknown before research from Reich and collaborators was published in September. It appears that this group eventually spread not just into Europe, but also to North America, since their genes are represented in Native Americans.

That ancient north Eurasian population was apparently replaced in the lands between, however, because there’s no trace of their DNA in modern Siberians."

The ANE is pre LGM dna which is found in K14 and is still found in modern Europeans.

"Patterson said that linguistic evidence has tracked the ancestral language, called “late proto-Indo-European” to about 3,500 years ago in the Caucasus, among a people who had wheeled vehicles at a time when they were just being put into use."

This statement is flawed but it shows that R1b was in Europe before the PIE.

Comment

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/stor...-of-europeans/

"As expected, the genetic data showed that modern Europeans hold a mix of genes from Middle Eastern farmers and the European hunter-gatherers who preceded them into Europe. But it also shows that modern Europeans have genetic contributions from a third group, originating in ancient north Eurasia, that was unknown before research from Reich and collaborators was published in September. It appears that this group eventually spread not just into Europe, but also to North America, since their genes are represented in Native Americans.

That ancient north Eurasian population was apparently replaced in the lands between, however, because there’s no trace of their DNA in modern Siberians."

The ANE is pre LGM dna which is found in K14 and is still found in modern Europeans.

"Patterson said that linguistic evidence has tracked the ancestral language, called “late proto-Indo-European” to about 3,500 years ago in the Caucasus, among a people who had wheeled vehicles at a time when they were just being put into use."

This statement is flawed but it shows that R1b was in Europe before the PIE.
                    I see why you believe the quoted statement is flawed. That's because the Caucasus is not in Europe, but in Asia, not far from the Pontic steppes.

This doesn't fit in with your pet theory/obsession that R1b was in Europe 10,000 years ago and was not introduced into Europe from Asia less than 5,000 years ago. Nothing that you quoted says that R1b was in Europe as early as you claim. It merely states that "modern Europeans have genetic contributions from a third group, originating in ancient north Eurasia, that was unknown before research from Reich and collaborators was published in September." This doesn't say anything about the haplogroup(s) of that third group.

If you're going to quote a news account or study, it's not too wise to claim that it says something it doesn't say. That doesn't help your credibility one iota.

Comment

I see why you believe the quoted statement is flawed. That's because the Caucasus is not in Europe, but in Asia, not far from the Pontic steppes.

This doesn't fit in with your pet theory/obsession that R1b was in Europe 10,000 years ago and was not introduced into Europe from Asia less than 5,000 years ago. Nothing that you quoted says that R1b was in Europe as early as you claim. It merely states that "modern Europeans have genetic contributions from a third group, originating in ancient north Eurasia, that was unknown before research from Reich and collaborators was published in September." This doesn't say anything about the haplogroup(s) of that third group.

If you're going to quote a news account or study, it's not too wise to claim that it says something it doesn't say. That doesn't help your credibility one iota.
                      There is no evidence to show that P311 came from the Steppe. That is what is important. You are ignoring the evidence. P311 is the ancestor of the majority of western Europeans.
                      Patterson is writing about the PIE not R1b. The PIE coming from the Steppe has nothing to do with R1b.
                      ANE is not found in modern Siberians. That suggests to me that ANE is European in origin because it is found in the NA.
                      Last edited by 1798; 7 December 2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

"It was also in this period between 2000 and 2010 that it became clear that especially Western European R1b is dominated by specific sub-clades of R-M269 (with some small amounts of other types found in areas such as Sardinia[7][12]). Within Europe, R-M269 is dominated by R-M412, also known as R-L51, which according to Myres et al. (2010) is "virtually absent in the Near East, the Caucasus and West Asia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b_%28Y-DNA%29

Comment

Patterson is writing about the PIE not R1b. The PIE coming from the Steppe has nothing to do with R1b.
                          That's right. He mentions PIE, not R1b. Yet you quote him and then make the jump that R1b was in Europe due to what you've quoted from him.

In other words, you twisted his quote and, in effect, put words in his mouth to suit your purposes. You gave the impression, by quoting him, that he supports your pet theory/obsession.

This is just another example of your intellectual dishonesty, which I've pointed out before.

Comment

That's right. He mentions PIE, not R1b. Yet you quote him and then make the jump that R1b was in Europe due to what you've quoted from him.

In other words, you twisted his quote and, in effect, put words in his mouth to suit your purposes. You gave the impression, by quoting him, that he supports your pet theory/obsession.

This is just another example of your intellectual dishonesty, which I've pointed out before.
                            The only person or persons who are being dishonest are those who persist with the ABI theory. Its a load of old baloney tying single haplogroups to the PIE or trying to determine where haplogroups originated through language. The linguists can't even agree on the origin of the PIE. The Anglo-Saxon king Richard III was a wake-up call for all of you people.

The people of western Europe were building megalithic tombs 1000 years before the origin of the Yamna Culture. Do you think that they were grunting at each other instead of using a language?
                            Last edited by 1798; 7 December 2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

"It was also in this period between 2000 and 2010 that it became clear that especially Western European R1b is dominated by specific sub-clades of R-M269 (with some small amounts of other types found in areas such as Sardinia[7][12]). Within Europe, R-M269 is dominated by R-M412, also known as R-L51, which according to Myres et al. (2010) is "virtually absent in the Near East, the Caucasus and West Asia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b_%28Y-DNA%29
                              R-L51 x L11 isn't found anywhere in great quantities and almost all of it in Europe are L11+ but why don't you talk about L23, it's only a little older than L51.

Just after the quote you make so much of it continues

Myres et al. note further that concerning its closest relatives, in R-L23*, that it is "instructive" that these are often more than 10% of the population in the Caucasus, Turkey, and some southeast European and circum-Uralic populations. In Western Europe it is also present but in generally much lower levels apart from "an instance of 27% in Switzerland's Upper Rhone Valley
                              Of course you could look up the information on L23 in Myres itself and try to explain how L23's presence in places like Jordan and Pakistan fits in with your theories ?

Comment

Working...
                              X