PC errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC errors

I checked out the number of SNPs that I matched with someone and we match on 752 even though the it was supposed to be 765. I checked out the number on the excel sheet.So the PC can make mistakes. I only checked the one so it may be the only one but you never know.

This could depend on what chip version each of you tested on.

One may have tested on say, the chip that tested 707269 SNPs and the other tested on most recent chip that tests only 693733 SNPs.

Comparing results, you would only be able to count the number of matching SNPs in Raw Data in respects to your own raw Data file size (Unless you have access to both Raw Data files).

FTDNA may assume the missing non tested SNPs that are not present in the 693733 SNP test, but present in 707269 SNP test will match up, thus giving the SNP total in respects to the number of SNPs present on the chip version which tested more SNP's

The other thing, FTDNA may also include the medical SNPs in this number, which were removed from Raw Data.

For example
    My Father and his brother match on a section of chromosome 11, listed as 513 SNPs. Both of them tested on older chip version which lists 707269 positions in Raw Data file.

My Sister matches my Uncle(fathers brother above) along the same section and is also listed as matching with 513 SNPs. Her test was done on chip which tested 693733 positions.

Comparing the positions listed in Raw Data between my Father and Uncle, the Raw Data total comes to 509 SNP's (I assume there was a possible of 4 medical SNPs removed along this segment...)

Looking at my sisters Raw Data File for this segment, there is only 496 SNPs listed. (Meaning her chip tested 13 less SNPs along this section, in addition with the possibility of the 4 medical SNPs being removed)
    Last edited by prairielad; 30 October 2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post

One may have tested on say, the chip that tested 707269 SNPs and the other tested on most recent chip that tests only 693733 SNPs.

Comparing results, you would only be able to count the number of matching SNPs in Raw Data in respects to your own raw Data file size (Unless you have access to both Raw Data files).

FTDNA may assume the missing non tested SNPs that are not present in the 693733 SNP test, but present in 707269 SNP test will match up, thus giving the SNP total in respects to the number of SNPs present on the chip version which tested more SNP's

The other thing, FTDNA may also include the medical SNPs in this number, which were removed from Raw Data.

For example
      My Father and his brother match on a section of chromosome 11, listed as 513 SNPs. Both of them tested on older chip version which lists 707269 positions in Raw Data file.

My Sister matches my Uncle(fathers brother above) along the same section and is also listed as matching with 513 SNPs. Her test was done on chip which tested 693733 positions.

Comparing the positions listed in Raw Data between my Father and Uncle, the Raw Data total comes to 509 SNP's (I assume there was a possible of 4 medical SNPs removed along this segment...)

Looking at my sisters Raw Data File for this segment, there is only 496 SNPs listed. (Meaning her chip tested 13 less SNPs along this section, in addition with the possibility of the 4 medical SNPs being removed)
      prairielad.
      I shouldn't have wrote anything about as it seems like I am complaining. I think that the results are fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post

For example

I copied and pasted my FF results alongside the Neadertal file and a lot of the SNPs don't match up.How can we be sure that our FF cousins match our dna? We would all have to have a standard set of SNPs. Isn't that right? When the people write about comparing their dna to the ancient remains a lot of SNPs would have to be filtered out that don't match.

Comment

Working...
        X