North Sea - 42.96
    Atlantic - 28.86
    Baltic - 6.47
    Eastern Euro - 12.22
    West Med - 6.77
    West Asian - 1.74
    East Med - 0.01
    Red Sea - 0.97
    This is the dna test results from one of the ancient remains from the pre-Iron Age Britons.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      This is the dna test results from one of the ancient remains from the pre-Iron Age Britons.
      Here's my English results by way comparison:

Population
      North_Sea 38.35%
      Atlantic 24.32%
      Baltic 12.15%
      Eastern_Euro 6.90%
      West_Med 7.61%
      West_Asian 4.13%
      East_Med 4.83%
      Red_Sea 0.67%

I've got nearly double Baltic(Vikings?) and nearly 50% less East Euro but I'm not sure what that indicates. I'm guessing I have more West Asian due to the Scandinavian settlement of East Anglia as well(Sami?).

Not that much difference in North Sea and Atlantic values though. Does anyone know if this is on Gedmatch?, would be interesting to see the population matches.

Comment

I am British and here are mine:

North_Sea 35.51%
        Atlantic 27.17%
        Baltic 11.50%
        Eastern_Euro 9.83%
        West_Med 9.72%
        West_Asian 2.67%
        East_Med -
        Red_Sea 1.36%
        South_Asian 1.71%
        Southeast_Asian -
        Siberian 0.44%

Comment

Iron Age R1b-L11+ Briton ERS389795

Eurogenes K15 calculator.
          North Sea - 42.96
          Atlantic - 28.86
          Baltic - 6.47
          Eastern Euro - 12.22
          West Med - 6.77
          West Asian - 1.74
          East Med - 0.01
          Red Sea - 0.97
          The most likely reason the Iron Age Briton is showing to be terminal for R1b-L11+ is because P312,U106 and their immediate subclades aren't showing up in the Y-SNPs that Felix uploaded. http://www.y-str.org/2014/10/hinxton-dna.html

Go to the Gooogle Drive link from that page then click on Sample ERS389795 then click on Y_SNPs.txt then click the download button then save file. Once saved open it then Ctrl-A and copy then go to http://ytree.morleydna.com/ then paste the SNPs into the space then type in the Captcha then click Predict.

L11+ isn't actually in the file. L151 and PF6542 are in the file. You can also to a Ctrl-F in the file to search for other SNPs or you can use ISOGG Y-Tree AddOn for Google Chrome to see all of the negative and positive SNP in a 2014 ISOGG tree. http://www.y-str.org/2014/04/isogg-y...le-chrome.html

Comment

Originally posted by EastAnglian View Post
            Does anyone know if this is on Gedmatch?, would be interesting to see the population matches.
            Felix didn't upload it to Gedmatch because "I also filtered with SNPs tested by DNA testing companies like FTDNA, 23andMe and Ancestry in order to upload to GEDMatch but found this ancient DNA has less SNPs that are common with them. Hence, I did not upload this to GEDMatch."
            http://www.y-str.org/2014/10/hinxton-dna.html

That is where Davidski got the file from and 1798 got the info about the file from http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2014/1...m-hinxton.html which is where they are calling it R1b-L11

Davidski is the person that writes the Eurogenes blog and he is the person that wrote the Eurogenes K15 program so he ran the file through his programs.

Comment

I cross checked the RefSNP ID and the SNP markers under R1b for ERS389795 that are found in Felix's files that he uploaded.

R1b1 M415=rs9786194 9170545 C->A
              R1b1a2 CTS8728/L1063/PF6480/S13=rs9786876 18167403 C->T
              R1b1a2 L265/PF6431=rs9786882 8149348 A->G
              R1b1a2a1a 151/PF6542=rs2082033 16492547 C->T

P312, U106, L21, and U152 aren't found in the files. We still don't know if they didn't test the specimen for those markers but I doubt they did since there were 10 runs.

Comment

I see a problem with all of these ancient remains. How can they tell if they were native or immigrant remains that they were digging up?

Comment

I see a problem with all of these ancient remains. How can they tell if they were native or immigrant remains that they were digging up?
                  The way that some people are writing about these results you would think that everyone buried in England before the Romans was indigenous and everyone buried after the Roman period was Anglo-Saxon. The writers all believe in the wipe out theory.

Comment

I have seen some posts recently about the Iron-Age Briton and the Anglo-Saxon. The two are L21.

Comment

I have seen some posts recently about the Iron-Age Briton and the Anglo-Saxon. The two are L21.
                      Bizarre considering this is the area you are least likely to find L21 in the Isles today but most likely to find U106 : )

Comment

Originally posted by Subwoofer View Post
                        Bizarre considering this is the area you are least likely to find L21 in the Isles today but most likely to find U106 : )
                        I thought that 70% of the R1b in south east England was P312. It must be if U016 is 30%, unless it is some other R1b type.

Comment

I thought that 70% of the R1b in south east England was P312. It must be if U106 is 30%, unless it is some other R1b type.
                          "The authors spoke at the conference. They suggest only a small movement of people, as modern Brits are closer to the Iron Age samples."

Comment

http://www.sciencenews.org/article/a...modern-britons

"Britons might not be Anglo-Saxons, a genetic analysis of five ancient skeletons hints.

When archaeological digs revealed ancient graves on the grounds of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Hinxton, England, researchers there took it as a sign that they should analyze the ancient people’s DNA. Two skeletons were from men who were buried about 2,000 years ago. The other three skeletons were from women who died about 1,300 years ago, not long after the Anglo-Saxons invaded Britain.

The researchers were surprised to find that the older Iron Age men were genetically more similar to people living in Britain today than the Anglo-Saxon women were. Stephan Schiffels of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute reported the results October 20 at the annual meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics.

“It doesn’t look like these Anglo-Saxon immigrants left a big impact on the genetic makeup of modern-day Britain,” Schiffels said.

The finding raises an intriguing possibility that indigenous people in Britain may have repelled the Anglo-Saxons but adopted the invaders’ language and culture, says Eimear Kenny, a population geneticist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, who was not involved in the work. More ancient samples from other times and parts of Britain should give a clearer picture of that episode of history, she said."
                            Last edited by 1798; 22 October 2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

http://www.sciencenews.org/article/a...modern-britons

"Britons might not be Anglo-Saxons, a genetic analysis of five ancient skeletons hints.

When archaeological digs revealed ancient graves on the grounds of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Hinxton, England, researchers there took it as a sign that they should analyze the ancient people’s DNA. Two skeletons were from men who were buried about 2,000 years ago. The other three skeletons were from women who died about 1,300 years ago, not long after the Anglo-Saxons invaded Britain.

The researchers were surprised to find that the older Iron Age men were genetically more similar to people living in Britain today than the Anglo-Saxon women were. Stephan Schiffels of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute reported the results October 20 at the annual meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics.

“It doesn’t look like these Anglo-Saxon immigrants left a big impact on the genetic makeup of modern-day Britain,” Schiffels said.

The finding raises an intriguing possibility that indigenous people in Britain may have repelled the Anglo-Saxons but adopted the invaders’ language and culture, says Eimear Kenny, a population geneticist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, who was not involved in the work. More ancient samples from other times and parts of Britain should give a clearer picture of that episode of history, she said."
                              Anyone know if that was Y-DNA or Autosomal DNA?

Comment

Working...
                              X