No announcement yet.

Iron Age Briton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the Romanichal population of the Isles... When looked at in gedmatch, under say Eurogenes 13, what percentage of South Asian is normally reported? Are they close to 100%? Or is it more like 50% or 25% because of admixture?

The Edwin Hall grandchildren seem to be about 2 to 3% South Asian. My assumption had been that this suggests 1/32 Romanichal or one g-g-g grandparent. But if the South Asian content of Romanichals is already diluted, the Halls could be as much as 1/16 or 1/8.

Is there any record of church affiliation for the Romanichals of Frederick Co., VA or Jefferson Co., WV? I ask this because William James Hall was supposedly a Universalist minister, a tradition that I have never been able to prove. I think that his only son, James William Hall, was skeptical of all religion.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
      Regarding the Romanichal population of the Isles... When looked at in gedmatch, under say Eurogenes 13, what percentage of South Asian is normally reported? Are they close to 100%? Or is it more like 50% or 25% because of admixture?

The Edwin Hall grandchildren seem to be about 2 to 3% South Asian. My assumption had been that this suggests 1/32 Romanichal or one g-g-g grandparent. But if the South Asian content of Romanichals is already diluted, the Halls could be as much as 1/16 or 1/8.

Is there any record of church affiliation for the Romanichals of Frederick Co., VA or Jefferson Co., WV? I ask this because William James Hall was supposedly a Universalist minister, a tradition that I have never been able to prove. I think that his only son, James William Hall, was skeptical of all religion.

Timothy Peterman
      The 2% autosomal dna could be from 30,000 years ago. Look at the results from the Neanderthal. Most Europeans have between 1 and 3%.

Comment

My relatives who are not descended from or related to Edwin Hall don't have any South Asian, per Eurogenes 13.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
          My relatives who are not descended from or related to Edwin Hall don't have any South Asian, per Eurogenes 13.

Timothy Peterman
          Maith thu.

Comment

I've watched a couple of threads discussing the Romanichal population of the Isles with great interest. Our family has no connection to the Isles but my maternal grandmother's family is supposed to be of partial Romany descent. That particular line originates in eastern Austria. Paper research by a cousin confirms that the two populations (Romany and non-Romany) lived side by side for centuries and did intermarry.

I was curious to see if I could pick up on any of this with DNA testing. My mom's MyOrigins results picked up South/Central Asian DNA but MyOrigins did not show that for my grandma. When I run their data through admixture tools such as Eurogenes K13 there is definite South Asian DNA. My test results show that as well although in smaller amounts. When I run admixture proportions by chromosome my grandma gets really interesting results. She has some trace amounts that I ignore but her results go as high as 15.3%. This pattern is consistent using other calculators/tools at Gedmatch so I'm convinced the K13 results aren't an anomaly.

I have an aunt that is also testing and I hope to convince a few more family members to test just to see if we can pick up on this in them as well. Or not, depending on the seeming randomness of DNA inheritance.

Thanks again for engaging in this discussion. Very interesting!

Comment

"How the Hinxtons are related to each other?"
              http://www.fc.id.au/2014/10/how-hinx...ach-other.html

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                "How the Hinxtons are related to each other?"
                http://www.fc.id.au/2014/10/how-hinx...ach-other.html
                Was Hinxton 4 an Irishman?

Comment

"The archaeological evidence at present available suggests that the earliest Neolithic population in the eastern regions of Britain arose as the result of the arrival of different groups of settlers coming from north-east France, Belgium, and the southern Netherlands, where the middle Neolithic cultures of Northern Chassey and Michelsberg were already established." Page 139, “Britain Begins”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chass%C3%A9en_culture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelsberg_culture

Comment

Hinxton4 (Iron Age)
                    ANE 15.08
                    South_Eurasian 0.06
                    Near_Eastern 35.44
                    East_Eurasian 0.46
                    WHG 48.5
                    Oceanian 0
                    Pygmy 0
                    Sub-Saharan 0.46

Hinxton 4 had mixed ancestry.

Comment

Hinxton 4 K15 plain oracle
                      # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
                      1 98.4% Irish + 1.6% Velamas @ 4.11
                      2 98.3% Irish + 1.7% Dharkar @ 4.11
                      3 98.4% Irish + 1.6% Kurumba @ 4.12
                      4 98.5% Irish + 1.5% Piramalai @ 4.12
                      5 98.4% Irish + 1.6% Kanjar @ 4.12
                      6 98.5% Irish + 1.5% Chenchu @ 4.13
                      7 98.6% Irish + 1.4% Chamar @ 4.13
                      8 96.2% Irish + 3.8% Lithuanian @ 4.13
                      9 98.3% Irish + 1.7% Kshatriya @ 4.13
                      10 98.5% Irish + 1.5% North_Kannadi @ 4.13
                      11 98.6% Irish + 1.4% Sakilli @ 4.13
                      12 98.5% Irish + 1.5% Dusadh @ 4.13
                      13 98.5% Irish + 1.5% Uttar_Pradesh @ 4.13
                      14 98.2% Irish + 1.8% Brahmin_UP @ 4.14
                      15 98.5% Irish + 1.5% Kol @ 4.14
                      16 98.3% Irish + 1.7% Gujarati @ 4.14
                      17 95.9% Irish + 4.1% Russian_Smolensk @ 4.15
                      18 98.4% Irish + 1.6% Bangladeshi @ 4.15
                      19 98.2% Irish + 1.8% Sindhi @ 4.16
                      20 98.1% Irish + 1.9% Punjabi_Jat @ 4.16

My K15 plain oracle
                      # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
                      1 96.7% Irish + 3.3% Kalash @ 3.54
                      2 96.6% Irish + 3.4% North_Ossetian @ 3.56
                      3 93.3% Irish + 6.7% Russian_Smolensk @ 3.57
                      4 96.8% Irish + 3.2% Punjabi_Jat @ 3.58
                      5 65% Irish + 35% North_German @ 3.58
                      6 96.9% Irish + 3.1% Pathan @ 3.6
                      7 94.3% Irish + 5.7% Lithuanian @ 3.6
                      8 96.5% Irish + 3.5% Chechen @ 3.6
                      9 97.1% Irish + 2.9% Sindhi @ 3.6
                      10 97% Irish + 3% Burusho @ 3.6
                      11 96.6% Irish + 3.4% Afghan_Pashtun @ 3.61
                      12 96.6% Irish + 3.4% Kabardin @ 3.62
                      13 94.1% Irish + 5.9% Ukrainian_Belgorod @ 3.62
                      14 93.9% Irish + 6.1% Belorussian @ 3.62
                      15 97.5% Irish + 2.5% Kshatriya @ 3.63
                      16 96.8% Irish + 3.2% Adygei @ 3.63
                      17 97.3% Irish + 2.7% Brahmin_UP @ 3.63
                      18 97.5% Irish + 2.5% Gujarati @ 3.64
                      19 96.8% Irish + 3.2% Balkar @ 3.64
                      20 97.1% Irish + 2.9% Balochi @ 3.65

How can a man who died 2000 ybp in south east England have similar results to mine?!!!!
                      Last edited by 1798; 14 April 2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

The ydna line of Hinxton 4 was R-DF25 which yfull dates to 3,800 ybp. This means that the scientists did not have a high resolution ydna test on Hinxton 4. He most certainly belonged to some unknown downstream SNP branch 1,800 years below DF25. Until there is a high resolution test on any of these ancient remains the age of any R1b branch will not be resolved.

Comment

They show that there was no universal value of gold, at least until perhaps the first gold coins started to appear nearly two thousand years later. Prehistoric economies were driven by factors more complex than the trade of commodities.

Comment

Working...
                          X