Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the modal haplotype the ancestor haplotype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the modal haplotype the ancestor haplotype?

I think that the R1b modal haplotype which is also known as the WAMH is close to the ancestral haplotype. This is the most common set of values that are found in the P312 and U106 groups. P311 is the ancestral SNP of both P312 and U106 and before that L11 and five other SNPs that are on the same level suggesting some kind of bottleneck.
    I have a GD of 22 at 111 markers from this modal.So I can only see 22 differences from the ancestor haplotype to my haplotype in 6000-8000 years.

In my roster of FF matches (now at 49 pages) I have a couple or more of WAMH and Niall (Irish) matches. Matches to y R1a are not all that common.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      I think that the R1b modal haplotype which is also known as the WAMH is close to the ancestral haplotype. This is the most common set of values that are found in the P312 and U106 groups. P311 is the ancestral SNP of both P312 and U106 and before that L11 and five other SNPs that are on the same level suggesting some kind of bottleneck.
      I have a GD of 22 at 111 markers from this modal.So I can only see 22 differences from the ancestor haplotype to my haplotype in 6000-8000 years.
      There are lots of men in ysearch who match the 12 markers that were found in the ancient remains from 3000 ybp at Lichtestein. Perhaps in the future they will be able to test some ancient remains for 111 markers so that we can compare them to living people.

Comment

Working...
      X