Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generating Matches

Generating Comment

This comment is being generated and will be ready momentarily.

I thought that when the new system debuted in July, 2021, that we would see this issue dealt with after a reasonable time, but here we are......

To be fair, 23andMe drags when loading lists. And AncestryDNA refers to "back end services" or something like that.

Comment

Heard a response at a recent online live presentation.
      Apparently somebody decided to physically separate at least two of the databases.
      Person apparently no longer there, presenter did not know why that choice was made, it is apparently impossible to make it happen quickly while they are physically separated like that, and it is harder to put back together than it was to separate.

At least, that is best I can do at passing on the info.
      Sounded like they were really annoyed about it, but some other project is currently where they are focusing now (they said which; I do not remember)

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
        Heard a response at a recent online live presentation.
        Apparently somebody decided to physically separate at least two of the databases.
        Person apparently no longer there, presenter did not know why that choice was made, it is apparently impossible to make it happen quickly while they are physically separated like that, and it is harder to put back together than it was to separate.

At least, that is best I can do at passing on the info.
        Sounded like they were really annoyed about it, but some other project is currently where they are focusing now (they said which; I do not remember)
        Thanks for the info, at least they are aware that it is a major problem that will hopefully eventually get fixed. It's a very frustrating issue to say the least especially when the page finally loads and while looking at the page sometimes it will reload itself again!

Comment

Actually, I am not seeing the problem

Every time I load a list from FF or a Y list, if I go make a sandwich, or mow the lawn, or clean the garage, the list is always generated by the time I get back.

I will admit you must return before your log-in times out and you have to repeat the process.

Comment

We know you don't make a Dagwood Sandwich, you don't have a very big yard and you have a very clean garage before you start. That is the only way you could complete these tasks without a time out.

Comment

Working...
            X