• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Barrett
    R-BY55907
    • Apr 2003

Adding Notes

When viewing matches there is a 'note' icon. When I click on it I can see the note I have entered before the update. If I have not entered a note for the match I see ;No notes have currently been entered'. I have not found a way to enter a note. The learning center says we can, but doesn't say how. This is the type help I usually get from the learning center.

I am running Windows 10 on a HP laptop. I have tried Edge and Google Chrome.

Any suggestion. I am sending this post to 'Customer Support'.

Thanks.
  • georgian1950
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2012

Even though you have not entered a note, still click the 'edit' (lower right), enter your note and then 'save'.
    Last edited by georgian1950; 1 August 2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Jim Barrett
      R-BY55907
      • Apr 2003

Without zooming out 'edit' does not show for me. No scroll bar and can not drag to note window. The note box shouldn't be so big when nothing has been entered. Without your message I wouldn't have tried zooming out.

THANKS!!!

Comment

• raspchide
        FTDNA Customer
        • Nov 2017

Oh! Reminds me to check if I did save something on my notes way back when I joined this forum. It's been a while.

Comment

• John Carter
          YDNA: E-Z1779
          • Jul 2021

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
          Even though you have not entered a note, still click the 'edit' (lower right), enter your note and then 'save'.
          Note which might help others: The "edit" in the lower right was invisible to me, until I found the setting to make my task bar at the bottom of the screen disappear. There was no way to make my screen "zoom out" far enough to see it otherwise. Once I got the task bar out of the way (temporarily) I could then finally see the "edit" button. (And the "save" button after that). Something FamilyTreeDNA might need to keep in mind for the next upgrade. They need to move the "edit" (and "save") buttons somewhere more visible/accessible.

Comment

Working...
          X