Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completion of Big Y after receiving 111 results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completion of Big Y after receiving 111 results?

Hi all,

Not really a "grumble" per se, but my Big Y kit has been analysed for around a month now. About a week ago I got the 111 results (no email, just happened to log into my account and stumbled accross it) which only seemed to get me a predicted (not confirmed) Y haplogroup of I2a1, but no further. For those who have done the Big Y, how much longer did you have to wait for your full results after your 111 results came in?

Best wishes,
    J

Originally posted by I_2 View Post
    Hi all,

Not really a "grumble" per se, but my Big Y kit has been analysed for around a month now. About a week ago I got the 111 results (no email, just happened to log into my account and stumbled accross it) which only seemed to get me a predicted (not confirmed) Y haplogroup of I2a1, but no further. For those who have done the Big Y, how much longer did you have to wait for your full results after your 111 results came in?

Best wishes,
    J
    I think that's a good sign. If things weren't going well with your sample, you would not have gotten 111-marker results so soon (or at all). A month is a pretty good turnaround time.

The Big Y-700 usually takes two or more months to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by I_2 View Post
      Hi all,

Best wishes,
      J
      There is no set time. Could be a few weeks or a few months. The Big Y takes much more time than a standard STR ydna test.

Comment

Here's something from FTDNA from my GAP pages that might be helpful:

lab averages 14 May 2021.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
          Here's something from FTDNA from my GAP pages that might be helpful:

lab averages 14 May 2021.jpg
          17 weeks!?!? I hope not. Clutching at straws here, bit I'm hoping that refers to kits received after that date, as when mine entered the "analysing kit" stage it was saying something more like 6 to 8 or something. Guess I'm just over eager...

Thanks everyone for the answers by the way.

Comment

Sometimes results from the Big Y-700 can be too long in coming. I wish things were otherwise.

Comment

My Big Y results were 13 weeks I believe......but they are worth it. So much more information than STR markers !

Comment

Y-111 markers and other portion of Big Y are analyzed independently, they just start at the same time (if you don't have Y-111 beforehand). In my father's case (straight Big Y) Y-111 markers took 10 weeks and Big Y took 3 more weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X