No announcement yet.

Contradictory mobius strip of insane instructions - blacklisted notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contradictory mobius strip of insane instructions - blacklisted notification

I just got this message at my Project, this does not tell me how to send this form from my blacklisted address:

The following email addresses associated with this account are currently on our blacklist. An email address will get placed on the blacklist when an attempted message can not be delivered. Please contact us through our contact form from the blacklisted address to verify the address is active and the address will be removed from the blacklist.
    [my current and only e-mail address]

This instruction is nonsensical, since the Contact Form only works from a login at FTDNA, and attempting to send from my local account to heldesk renders "Since your request was not submitted through our Contact Us Form it is unlikely a representative will see it."
    How am I supposed to get un-blacklisted. I suppose I shall have to call someone, but this is quite alarming to get late at night while checking the project I co-admin!

I did send the question from the Contact Form and got a support ticket number, but that is completely contradictory to the instructions. Why is this company so behind in updating their responses to something that makes sense?

Comment

I had thought "blacklist" was a concept that should have been expunged from the American vocabulary along with McCarthyism. It has no place in customer communications.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
        I just got this message at my Project, this does not tell me how to send this form from my blacklisted address:

The following email addresses associated with this account are currently on our blacklist. An email address will get placed on the blacklist when an attempted message can not be delivered. Please contact us through our contact form from the blacklisted address to verify the address is active and the address will be removed from the blacklist.
        [my current and only e-mail address]

This instruction is nonsensical, since the Contact Form only works from a login at FTDNA, and attempting to send from my local account to heldesk renders "Since your request was not submitted through our Contact Us Form it is unlikely a representative will see it."
        How am I supposed to get un-blacklisted. I suppose I shall have to call someone, but this is quite alarming to get late at night while checking the project I co-admin!
        I apologize for that difficulty. You did follow the instructions correctly if you submitted a request from the Contact Us form. To clarify, when using the Contact Us form it is opening a support ticket that references your email address (typically the one that has been blocked), but does not actually send it from your email account. This simply lets us know which email address we should be replying to. Someone from the Group Project team will be able to get that resolved if they have not already.

Originally posted by John McCoy
        I had thought "blacklist" was a concept that should have been expunged from the American vocabulary along with McCarthyism. It has no place in customer communications.
        There is an open ticket with our IT team to have the name of this list changed to something more appropriate for modern times.

Comment

Working...
        X